Hacking Gateway Downgrading

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, some people seem confused, so I'll post some clean-up.
1. Have emunand set up and UNLINKED.
2. US downgrades you to 4.2
3. Both exploits work
4. You need to make a sysNAND backup on 3.0.1 before you downgrade, plus, be safe kids, use protection

I used the 3.0.0 launcher.dat when I did my downgrade

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it actually version 4.5 or a cfw made by GW? How is it possible to downgrade when hardware mods require a console-specific NAND backup? If it is 4.5, what are the odds of it being tampered with?

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, the 2DS uses the same firmware as the 3ds. It is probably risky, but it could work.

2DS needs to be on a higher firmware, motherboard and physicals have been changed.

Higher firmware compensates for these changes on the 2DS hardware if you go lower some things might not work.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it actually version 4.5 or a cfw made by GW? How is it possible to downgrade when hardware mods require a console-specific NAND backup? If it is 4.5, what are the odds of it being tampered with?

I formatted my console once the downgrade was complete and it worked perfect. Looks like it downgrades to the REAL 4.2

Reactions: blinkzane

diecast82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question, but if I downgrade to 4.2 and then want to load a newer rom is emunand required or is that just for online and retail games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong