Hacking Gateway Cheats Ram Dump error (128 GB MicroSD)

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works fine on my 64GB Silicon Power formatted exFat. Haven't tested my 128GB Sandisk because that's my emunand microsd.

DarkIrata

OP
Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
I also have issues with saving cheats ... fun fact, mine is also a 64 GB sandisk formatted as exFat :(
On my 32GB ExFat there wasnt any problems with that. Do you get just "ERROR" or some more informations when you try to save it?
Maybe try to format it again to ExFat and just try it with 1 Game.

Thanks for the info, yeah you could trim the 4gb ones, I think there is no card2 game that is 4gb, so it shouldn't affect the game even after it's trimmed
I hope there wont be more. Highest i saw after trimming was about 3,6GB or 3,4GB i think. if it will change, i will have to find a solution..

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to add my experience to this thread for any one with this problem..

I am using a 64gb toshiba micro-SD card to hold my .3ds games on the gateway red card thing.. I had the whole thing formated as exfat.. It had really given me no problems for several months until I tried to use the newish cheat system thing that gateway came out with recently..

I could use the exact search feature (where you have to input a number to search for) just fine with out many problems.. But I could not use any of the other search options (signed and unsigned options) because it would instantly just say "Error" when I tried..

I read some post in this thread (I think) that said gateway only officially supports fat32, so I copied all of my data off from the micro-SD card to some hard-drive, then formated the card as fat32.. Then copied all the data back on to it (actually I had to split a few of the games before putting them back on to the card seeing as how fat32 has a ridiculous 4GB file limitation)..

After I did that, the errors went away and I can now use signed and unsigned search options..

Although there seems to be a bug I run in to some times (both with exfat and fat32) in the cheat system.. Some times when I search for cheats, the progress bar when it says "Comparing RAM dump #XX" some times goes past 100% and just continues past the screen and never seems to end even if I wait a while.. Probably a bug that gateway needs to fix I imagine..

P.S.: Don't know why in god's name gateway team chose a file-system created back in 1996 to use on their card.. If they wanted to use an unjournalled file-system, they should have used some thing like ext2.. Or just ext4 with journalling disabled.. fat32 was created back when hard-drives weren't hardly any bigger than 4GB, and no one ever thought you would have a file bigger than 4GB.. Now we have entire films and games that are way bigger than 4GB..

Reactions: DarkIrata

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf