gateway can't backup pokemon ORAS save ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aos10, Jan 29, 2015.

1. aos10
    OP

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    in the gateway menu there is an option for backup 3DS cartridge save
    but it didn't work
    nand games can't work ?

2. pdensco

pdensco Banned

Banned
    Nov 9, 2014
    Pakistan
    yup u can backup ur cartridge game through that but not the nand games or gateway cartridge games

3. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Fan

Dec 3, 2014
    Italy
    Try to use savedatafiler

4. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Savedatafiler does not work in Gateway classic mode.

I have been trying to solve this problem for weeks now, and so far my findings are:

The only way to back up a Pokemon OR/AS save file is to dump the ROM with the Gateway menu. There is no possible way to get the same back onto the cartridge either, at this moment in time.

The only other option is to wait for Powersaves to begin support for the game. I just tried it then, still giving me unsupported game error.

Also it is noteworthy to mention that I have tried using savedatafiler with the so called "4.5 CFW" to extract an OR/AS save, to no avail.

I think the save has to be created inside system menu less than 6.0.0 to be accessible by savedatafiler in the so called "4.5 CFW" which isn't possible for Pokemon OR/AS, as it requires higher than that version to run.

EDIT: I think perhaps because my action reply powersaves is EU and my game is US, it is not working.