Gateway blue card not working

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by natanelho, Apr 27, 2015.

1. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    my friend has a 3ds with Gateway. his blue card stopped working. he has the 7.2.0 software version,and his 3ds is from Europe region.

1>is there any common issuse that maybe caused it?

2>do he has to buy a new one or is it possible to use another 3ds card like "TTDSi" to set up gateway?

3>his 3ds shows black screen when he enters the gateway site to boot the gateway mode. he uses the 3.11 version of gateway. he putted the right files into the right places. what canbe the cause?

2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    edit: eh.

3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    The blue card was blocked sometime in a firmware version 6.X and will therefore not work on a 7.2 firmware. It is, however, not needed for firmware versions >4.5 as the old mset exploit does not work on firmwares higher than that.

As for the black screen issue: Try clearing your 3DS browser cache and cookies, then retry.

4. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    the blue card doesn't work on firmwares higher than 4.5, but since you're on 7.2 you can do the web browser exploit. Go into go.gateway-3ds.com with the browser and you'll be able to launch Gateway Menu

5. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    so he cant run NDS games now? can you load the ttds into the 3ds in some way?
    can you run ds games from the red card?

6. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad