Hacking Gateway blue card necessity

Solemin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to this whole scene and about to buy a N3DS + Gateway-module.
The seller "prepped" the whole 3DS as far as I know, but he seems to be missing the blue card of his gateway-bundle.
So the question is: will I need this module in the future (for updates or something like that), or is preparing the 3DS a one-time event and therefore I wont need it anymore?
Apologies in advance if this question has an obvious answer, but reading the FAQs and wiki didn't enlighten me.

Greets
Solemin

edt: Oh gosh, don't know why I posted this in here, wanted to post it in the hacking-section ...
Could somebody move it?
Sorry again!

Solemin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for those super-fast responses!

As I'm most likely playing 3DS-games only, there seems to be no draw-backs with that.
Or are there any nifty changes I can make in the DS settings, which would be important?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for those super-fast responses!

As I'm most likely playing 3DS-games only, there seems to be no draw-backs with that.
Or are there any nifty changes I can make in the DS settings, which would be important?

you can always buy any ds mode card, the blue card is just a cheap clone of s ds mod card, any ds made card will work
it shouldnt be that hard to find someone selling a blue GW either ,like myself who has a GW i also have a supercard dstwo and i have never even used the blue card i just use my supercard , any ds mode card that will run on 4.5 FW will work

Capitao_zuca

Trophies
XP
Country
olá pessoal
tenho uma 3ds 4.5 e estava atualizando o gateway 3ds para GW 9x
e a net caiu e a atualização ficou a meio e quando fui executar
O gateway cartão azul
aparece a tecla preta a dizer que ocorreu um erro
mas fui ver atualização ficou com a versão 4.5
e não sei o que se passa
podia me ajudar por favor