Gateway Blue Card - GBA Emulation?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by risq, Jan 26, 2014.

1. risq
    OP

risq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    United States
    Can i run some GBA Emulator on the Gateway 3DS Blue Card?

Thx for your help

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
  3. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    Yes, but you are better off spending the money on a DS2. It drains your battery quickly, but is a pretty descent GBA emulator for most games.

4. risq
    OP

risq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    United States
    thx for your quick replys.

i tested gbaemu4ds and while it works it seems to be quite buggy. latest version and advance wars doesnt show the bottom text line at all....

i got an DSTWO and know the emulation theres is quite perfect but i need the card in my girlfriends DS.

maybe theres any other GBA emulator?!

5. Wellington2k

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Nope, that's it.

soulrazor likes this.
  6. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    The way I see it, you have four options:

1) Wait for Nintendo to release its GBA official emulator/port through the Eshop (they have some for early adopters, but none for the general public at this time).

2) Install a GBA emulator on a portable device, maybe get a blutooth controler like a PS3 remote or a Phonejoy to go with it.

3) Buy an actual GBA system for a lot cheaper than a DS2 or any other flashcard. [1]

[1] http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-BOY-ADVANCE-with-games-/331112328974?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4d17d52f0e

[2]

risq likes this.
  7. alex_fr

alex_fr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    Mexico
    How is FF6 on this emu?

or should I just go with the SNES version?

8. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2013
    United States

Do you have an Android phone, because FF6 would work well with touch-controls and there are some very good Android SNES emulators out there.

9. risq
    OP

risq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    United States
    Thx, thats a good sum up. I went for solution 2, run gpsp Emulator on my old PSP. And im very satisfied with that. Screensize and controls are perfect for games like Advance Wars, really the best solution. Its a little bit awkward that a Nintendo game runs better on PSP then (3)DS ...

10. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    It could run a lot better on the 3ds, the problem is that right now the only emulators we have are for DS mode. Once the 3ds homebrew scene actually starts up and gets a good library going, someone will most likely come along and write a good emulator...
    unless keys are dumped first, and people decide get to inject games into nintendo's VC.