Gateway Blue Card Error (N3DS)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lazarus1740, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Lazarus1740
    OP

Lazarus1740 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Hey guys,

So, I have the Gateway 3DS and I have an N3DS running firmware 9.0.0. I've copied the files for the blue card to its microSD and run it in the N3DS, and I see the Labyrinth game icon. However, on selecting that icon, I get an "An error occurred" error and I have to press and hold the on/off button.

Does the blue card work with the N3DS at all? If so, what do I need to do to make that happen? I'd really like to play some DS games on this thing :)

Thanks,
    Lee

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
  3. Lazarus1740
    OP

Lazarus1740 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Okay, I booted into GW mode without emunand, but putting the blue card in and running it causes the screens to go black and then nothing happens. What is this Flash Cart Timewarp? Is it something I put on the blue card? The red card? I'm lost :S

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    he posted the link to it....click the link, generate the cia file, install the cia file to sysnand, reboot and the blue card will work in sysnand

you can put your SD card with emunand back in after you have installed the cia file

5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    It's a CIA you download via 3DNUS (follow the post I linked you to) and then install. Once you have it, put it on your New3DS' mSD card (the one that goes in the console), not the blue card, and use devmenu/bigbluemenu/bigredmenu (in other words, a CIA installer) to install it. The blue card should work after that.

6. Lazarus1740
    OP

Lazarus1740 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Thank you. I guess I'll have to wait til I can get access to a Windows machine (I use a Mac) :S

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    there is a premade cia around on more nefarious sites, but its not something that can be shared on gbatemp which is why the DIY guide is here......look in the usual sites for a thread with the exact same name as this one......you could probably even google it ;)

8. digitalkid56

digitalkid56 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    United States

let me know if you need any help.. I'm currently following this thread/method as we speak (as I too had no idea what the blue card was for, or how to get it working)

** I'm on a mac with windows 10 via parallels

TheCasketMan likes this.
  9. Lazarus1740
    OP

Lazarus1740 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Hi guys,

Okay, so it worked. I downloaded the cia by running 3DNUS under Wine. I then followed the steps and everything worked great :-)

Thanks!