Hacking Gateway 4.5 3DS help

thefatalwound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought the gateway cartridges (blue/red), and got a 4.5.0-9U firmware 3DS. Followed instructions word for word, formatted everything, long and short formats, FAT32, tried gateway's 2.2 release/2.3 beta, and no matter what I try, it always results in saying "an error has occurred, hold power to reboot your 3DS".

I have a 32 gb class 10 microSD, and an 8gb class 4, along with a micro-to-sd adapter. I've tried using each SD in both roles, adapter and blue cart.

Any help would be nice.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the error when you go to the DS profile?
Does your 3ds have the green Miiverse icon in the top right of the home screen?
miiverse02.jpg

thefatalwound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the error when you go to the DS profile?
Does your 3ds have the green Miiverse icon in the top right of the home screen?
miiverse02.jpg
No miiverse icon. The error is when I try to load the deep labyrinth exploit. It never made it past that point to do the DS profile part.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your 3DS is 4.5 and you haven't got the gateway to work yet, then you will not see a miiverse icon in the upper right corner, to get that to display you need to update your emunand, which you haven't created yet. I don't know what hippy dave is going on about.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, try to clean the blue card's contacts. If that doesn't work, you got a faulty blue card.
You could use any R4 compatible with your firmware to install the exploit though.

thefatalwound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, try to clean the blue card's contacts. If that doesn't work, you got a faulty blue card.
You could use any R4 compatible with your firmware to install the exploit though.

I'm guessing Gateway resellers won't refund the money? I sent them a message earlier today and still no response.

If your 3DS is 4.5 and you haven't got the gateway to work yet, then you will not see a miiverse icon in the upper right corner, to get that to display you need to update your emunand, which you haven't created yet. I don't know what hippy dave is going on about.

From other threads I've seen, he probably suspected that my 3DS partially updated.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that.
If your blue card is faulty, it's probably not worth sending back to China or wherever. If you bought it from a supplier in your own country then maybe chase them up about it, otherwise just buy a cheap DS flashcart.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

partially updated 3DS will say 4.5 in settings but really be on a higher firmware, it's a common problem for people getting their systems used.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
partially updated 3DS will say 4.5 in settings but really be on a higher firmware, it's a common problem for people getting their systems used.

I would hope that a partially updated 3ds is not common for people buying a used 3DS 4.1-4.5, perhaps this is only occasionally a problem.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope that a partially updated 3ds is not common for people buying a used 3DS 4.1-4.5, perhaps this is only occasionally a problem.

Sadly. I've seen it enough just on this forum alone to know it's more than occasionally. Ebay seems to be the worst for it, most likely people who got screwed themself trying to get some money back. You only have to read 4 or 5 threads on thise site to see the morals of some of the people dealing with "hacking" and such.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go, that's the exact reason I don't like to purchase my goods from the net, you never know what you are getting unless you can hold it in your hands and examine it. I got screwed even from craigs list, I met a person in a public place to buy a console and when I got home it didn't work, now I need to see it working before I buy it.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to "recover" from something like this? or is anyone that this has happened to completely SOL? cause i was able to do a system nand backup before, but now I can't do anything

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried other DS games? It sounds like the problem that occurs every so often with Fierce Waffle's ROP Loader. If other DS games do not boot, the DS portion of the 3DS is no longer usable. Just format the system, it should fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup