Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Just to say that "We Love You Gateway" We are behind, you supporting you!
Take the time you want we will keep waiting other people are not really complaining in french we say "Qui aime bien châtie bien"
"Spare the rod and spoil the child"

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What to expect from a bunch of kids. :rofl2:

Way to randomly throw ageism out there. As if no patient kids exist anywhere in the world, and no impatient adults either.

Nope. Must be stupid bratty children. It's not like any adults bought their children Gateways for Xmas that they still can't use even today, or anything like that. It must be kids, because kids are easy to blame for everything.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
gateway get money from supplies who buy x amount, returning them won't have an effect on gateway, only the resellers.

If the resellers have extra units from returns they sell those to customers when they would instead need to order more.
It sets Gateways's production line back by however many cards are returned, which directly reduces their income by however many cards they're set back by.

Chase_Derick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im just wondering where the naysayers are gonna be when the update hits, what will they bitch about then... :rolleyes:

Literally it will be one of three things;

1. I thought <Insert feature here> was going to be in the release? Obviously Gateway lies to it's customers.

2. Looks like bricking is happening to legit carts. Should have got a sky3ds, stupid.

3. So what, it can do all these things. I'm enjoying my Sky3ds/Waiting for some other cart that'll work ten times better than your gateway.

However, I'm disappointed in a bunch of things right now. Mostly the communication between the Gateway Team and the Sales Staff/garyopa. I honestly think it keeps going in a loop like this.

Sales/Garyopa: "So we seem to be getting a lot of questions, do you know how much longer you'll need before your done?"
Gateway: "No, should be out soon though, we're just working on it."
Sales/Garyopa: "Alright, well if you had to guess how much time will it be?"
Gateway: "Soon, just say the end of this week, or within a few hours. Do not say a date though...."

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's always fun to see people complain about gateway like they where samsung, SONY, or other big LEGAL compagnies... x).

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the resellers have extra units from returns they sell those to customers when they would instead need to order more.
It sets Gateways's production line back by however many cards are returned, which directly reduces their income by however many cards they're set back by.

Gateway supply on demand, they can make hundreds/thousands in a few hours, they do not constantly manufacture the cards and they would always keep a small stockpile. It would literally not even be a minor inconvenience given the money they already have earned.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway supply on demand, they can make hundreds/thousands in a few hours, they do not constantly manufacture the cards and they would always keep a small stockpile. It would literally not even be a minor inconvenience given the money they already have earned.
I don't think you get it, it's not that their supply line is set back, it's that they have less cards bought by resellers in a set time frame because of returned stock supplying customers that would normally require more cards to be purchased, when they have less cards bought from them in a set time frame, their income is reduced for that time frame, and unless those returners re-purchase, that income never comes back to them.
The loss is indirect but it is still a loss.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think you get it, it's not that their supply line is set back, it's that they have less cards bought by resellers in a set time frame because of returned stock supplying customers that would normally require more cards to be purchased, when they have less cards bought from them in a set time frame, their income is reduced for that time frame.

I think if it was that bad they would've released an even unfinished update, just to push sales. So whatever losses they made, they must be smaller than their profit.
Nobody would keep going behaving like that if they would actually lose money. I think they're fine. They could've made MORE, but there are more than enough people out there still waiting who haven't returned their Gateway yet.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
I think if it was that bad they would've released an even unfinished update, just to push sales. So whatever losses they made, they must be smaller than their profit.
Nobody would keep going behaving like that if they would actually lose money. I think they're fine. They could've made MORE, but there are more than enough people out there still waiting who haven't returned their Gateway yet.
Because hardly anyone is actually returning.
And hardly anyone will.
They undoubtedly will lose money from this poor PR, just not enough to make them put their pants on and do something about it.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you get it, it's not that their supply line is set back, it's that they have less cards bought by resellers in a set time frame because of returned stock supplying customers that would normally require more cards to be purchased, when they have less cards bought from them in a set time frame, their income is reduced for that time frame.

Do you realise how few gateways were sold to resellers during march-november 2014?

They have already gotten their influx of money and are set to have a long break again. This scenario literally doesn't affect how much money they're going to make now. Ergo, it does not affect gateway at all.

I understand where you're coming from and if they usually had a decent throughput of sales and not just sales spikes, I'd totally agree, but their sales charts would literally be |/\___/\______/\|

So, I do 'get it', I just disagree. :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because hardly anyone is actually returning.
And hardly anyone will.
They undoubtedly will lose money from this poor PR, just not enough to make them put their pants on and do something about it.

Yeah that's what I mean. They don't really seem worried or rushing it. Can only mean the losses are not big enough to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout