Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry if this isn't related to this thread but what if the system update (Above 9.2) is downloaded to your console that's running 9.2, will you be able to use the new gateway on it?
Yes. The system can't apply updates by itself. It needs your permission.
There's way to reset the nag screen I think, by resetting to factory settings or something.

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe formatting the menu requires a system update. DevMenu should be able to clear the download data, though.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That won't work. As of 8.x I believe, the system is required to update before it will format.

IIRC though someone confirmed that this wasn't true using their 9.2 2DS. I believe it requires wireless to be on, but you can connect to a dummy WiFi spot (or no wifi at all) and still wipe it.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That won't work. As of 8.x I believe, the system is required to update before it will format.
Somebody confirmed earlier in the thread that they have 3 fake wifi connections and formatted just fine, and somebody else said they tried it and it didn't update. I think it was around page 800 or so, I don't really remember... But that's something to try at least? 3 fake wifi connections ;o

Reactions: Rinnux

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how long it takes gateway to test the update once they have it uploaded to their servers. I would think it wouldn't take very long. I'm surprised it's not out yet considering they started uploading early this morning according to the email.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I recall the update prompt will occur, but you can deny the update and it will still format. Don't know, and have no plans on finding out unless I get a new 3DS and go to format the old one. :P

I'm using OpenDNS to block the update servers, so I can still go online. Not sure what impact that would have on a format attempt. :P

crmnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the format with 3 fake wifi on 2 different 3ds xl's i have that are both on 9.2-20. Neither had update nag but one required a real internet connection before it would format, the other worked fine with 3 fake wifi. I'm baffled as to what the difference is.

Edit: The one the required a real internet connection did not update.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I've woken up checked the Gateway website and wasn't disappointed now that we have an ETA. I'm happy and giddy with joy. Maybe this thread hitting 1000 pages really did influence them, haha. This thread definitely hit its peak with that news last night for me, the only thing left is for the release and the closing of this thread for all to remember an eternity.

Reactions: 2Hack

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I tried the format with 3 fake wifi on 2 different 3ds xl's i have that are both on 9.2-20. Neither had update nag but one required a real internet connection before it would format, the other worked fine with 3 fake wifi. I'm baffled as to what the difference is.

You probably had two that weren't linked to a NNID account. That's why. The ones that weren't linked didn't need an internet connection to format. The other did because it has to unlink first before formatting. That's probably why internet access is required to format now.

Reactions: ground and ChrisRX

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope gateway 3ds servers will not crash while they are uploading the update to there servers.

No files will be uploaded on their server. All about TROLLING. Everyone should hold their hopes unless there will be an official update or news on GW's website.

crmnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably had two that weren't linked to a NNID account. That's why. The ones that weren't linked didn't need an internet connection to format. The other did because it has to unlink first before formatting. That's probably why internet access is required to format now.

Thats a great point, and thinking about it, you are correct. The one that required a connection was linked to my NNID the other was not linked to a NNID. I'm going to confirm by taking the one that required a internet connection last time and format it again now with the 3 fake wifi. If your theory is correct it should work fine now like the other.

Reactions: sblast3

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I had a shower-thought last night, I wonder if it's possible or the admins have some kind of tools to check the stat of this thread. Who had the most likes? Who posted the most? Give us a ranking from highest to low. Sure you guys could think of more stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY