Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't really care for emunand as long as I can use my red Gateway card. I just want to use the dang thing, anything else is icing on top for me. If the beta-testing is now over, please release it already.

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ooh i get it now. So without emunand it's basically another sky3ds? since emunand is the main thing here.
Well... not exactly. At least with Gateway you have the prospect of having emuNAND in the future. With Sky3DS, you simply don't.
Unless they come up with another hardware revision with a green button this time :ha:

Reactions: Sonicx64

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
Things can go wrong from an unstrusted or corrupted .cia file. It's not that you can't do it.
It's just that you shouldn't.

And that just means that the user has to be careful and use more caution. None of the previous carelessness and "OMG I FOUND .CIA FOR POKEMON Z BETA PLAID I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SOURCE, I INSTALL NAO K THX"

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the lack of emunand affect more N3DS owners ? I saw some of you complaining about that, dunno why as usual x)
It affects everyone, anyone who wanted to go on the Eshop won't be able to.
Anyone who wants to install any CIAs (Full games, DLC, free updates) will be extremely reluctant to.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
Ooh i get it now. So without emunand it's basically another sky3ds? since emunand is the main thing here.
Not at all, Sky3DS has no possibility of future EmuNAND, no region-free, will be blocked in the future with no way to keep games compatible past the blocked FW.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
No emunand basically makes this update a region free sky3DS with a nice multi rom menu but no eshop access/online...

unless u wanna risk installing CIAs to sysnand.

wow how anti climatic considering the wait.

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It affects everyone, anyone who wanted to go on the Eshop won't be able to.
Anyone who wants to install any CIAs (Full games, DLC, free updates) will be extremely reluctant to.

Ok i guess Emunand is needed. But atm i just want to play Fire Emblem/Professor layton and probabaly Legend of zeld OoT, any issues i'm going to run into ?

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not at all, Sky3DS has no possibility of future EmuNAND, no region-free, will be blocked in the future with no way to keep games compatible past the blocked FW.
We don't know about that. Isn't it supposed to simulate the retail cartridges on a hardware level?
Wouldn't Nintendo have to block out their own games? :P

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i guess Emunand is needed. But atm i just want to play Fire Emblem/Professor layton and probabaly Legend of zeld OoT, any issues i'm going to run into ?

None. Unless you wanted FEA DLC and other networking features (which make the game very very fun)

Reactions: Kirit0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled