Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
That is completely unreasonable thinking. Adding support for a specific firmware version, working backwards, would most likely entail finding if the vulnerability existed in said prior version and if so could it be exploited in the same fashion as done in 9.X where it was first noticed. It is entirely possible the exploit could have relied on code not introduced until 9.0 and not have be usable in a prior version at all. It's also possible that the exploitable code could have existed all along since 1.0 and the method used to exploit it not been possible until yet further code was introduced in later firmwares. Basically - anything's possible but the probability that the exact same amount of time is needed to get the exploit working on each and every firmware is VERY slim.

In other words, while your math isn't flawed, the logic behind it is...

(but I still hope you're right because my XL is waiting! :yaynds:)
This weekend minimum, next week tops. Mark your calendars.

Edit: Considering GWs update news policy, they'd either update us to say how long itd take, or how close they are to being done.

Reactions: satel

RayBlackX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least we got confirmed that the update is there soon + 7 - 9.2 will be supported very soon!
Btw. My freaking Gateway is still in Cyprus since monday! -_-

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nah, the update wont come until they finish supporting all the firmwares. That being said my guess is maybe before 2015. I mean they did tell us that theyve been adding support for lower firmwares every single day. Im really excited! :grog:

Reactions: Phantom_User

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my card from cyprus arrived really fast, if i remember correctly it was just a week.. i was suprised, because some other order took its sweet time

denke aber auch sonst 10 tage (habe bei mir nich genau drauf geachtet, weil solange update nich draussen ist hatte es grad nich die höchste priorität :P), vorallem grade wegen der weihnachtspost :/ play-asia z.b. hat bei mir letztens extrem lange im vergleich zu sonst gebraucht (is aber auch was weiter weg ^^)

Inuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
At least we got confirmed that the update is there soon + 7 - 9.2 will be supported very soon!

You should expect your card to be arrived in one week from now. I ordered mine from Cyprus and it took 11 days to be delivered. Well i have to blame Greek post Office as well :P

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has happened before with updates, but after I got the nag I flipped the switch back into off mode. After a reboot the wifi toggle is automatically back on.. In order to stop the nag I had to remove all connections from WiFi. Sleep mode does have the nag pop up BTW.

So removing all wifi connections and rebooting will stop the nag entirely? I got the nag right away during 9.3 from my HomePass and have been pretty cautious, I also set up mac filtering to block the update servers but the nag persists. I was going to clear out my SD card but seems that's not where it's stored since you didn't have one in. If this works that would be awesome once GW releases their update!

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw an update from the website but didn't' have time to see it till now! That is awesome news!
Hope they will release it before my christmas trip :)

I like how it went from release of video (hype) then it died down with the update for 4.5 users then now hype back up again!
Guess its really the festive season?

:lol::lol::grog:

Anyways on topic, are they goign to put a new guide/video on how to install this thing?
Or is it simply drag and drop onto a formatted sdcard?

Reactions: Phantom_User

spodermen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So removing all wifi connections and rebooting will stop the nag entirely? I got the nag right away during 9.3 from my HomePass and have been pretty cautious, I also set up mac filtering to block the update servers but the nag persists. I was going to clear out my SD card but seems that's not where it's stored since you didn't have one in. If this works that would be awesome once GW releases their update!

I just have my 3DS 9.20-20E turned off :P
Because im just scared of the update methods of nintendo illuminati and free wifi you know? xD
So my Wi-Fi is disabled too.

I saw an update from the website but didn't' have time to see it till now! That is awesome news!
Hope they will release it before my christmas trip :)

I like how it went from release of video (hype) then it died down with the update for 4.5 users then now hype back up again!
Guess its really the festive season?

:lol::lol::grog:

Anyways on topic, are they goign to put a new guide/video on how to install this thing?
Or is it simply drag and drop onto a formatted sdcard?
I think its a new exploit but hey, i'm not a pro @ 3ds homebrew.
And it can be to easy like you said. I know its something with the Mii-Maker.. (QR-Codes hmm)

Or the blue card will be fixed and you just install a new exploit and start Emunand however lel.

Reactions: Margen67

Swordxh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is completely unreasonable thinking. Adding support for a specific firmware version, working backwards, would most likely entail finding if the vulnerability existed in said prior version and if so could it be exploited in the same fashion as done in 9.X where it was first noticed. It is entirely possible the exploit could have relied on code not introduced until 9.0 and not have be usable in a prior version at all. It's also possible that the exploitable code could have existed all along since 1.0 and the method used to exploit it not been possible until yet further code was introduced in later firmwares.)

Gateway team wasn't sure if 9.3 and 9.4 were exploitables, days later from the original post they confirmed to NOT update the 3ds.
Now if they weren't 100% sure that firmwares backward to 9.0 were exploitables they wouldn't have mentitioned them.
If you read the latest news it seems that they are 100% sure that the exploit works on prior versions, so it's only a matter of porting it and testing.

Don't worry, when the package leave the island, the cyprus post stop updating their tracker.
If you want to see if the item is already in your country, paste the tracking code HERE
and select your location(in track with options).

Reactions: RayBlackX

RayBlackX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gateway team wasn't sure if 9.3 and 9.4 were exploitables, days later from the original post they confirmed to NOT update the 3ds.
Now if they weren't 100% sure that firmwares backward to 9.0 were exploitables they wouldn't have mentitioned them.
If you read the latest news it seems that they are 100% sure that the exploit works on prior versions, so it's only a matter of porting it and testing.

Don't worry, when the package leave the island, the cyprus post stop updating their tracker.
If you want to see if the item is already in your country, paste the tracking code HERE
and select your location(in track with options).
Thanks, but DHL in Germany can't find it yet. I sent playmods an e-mail, maybe they know. At least good to know that they don't update their track. Lol

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're absolutely correct.
I'm just saying that "porting & testing" could take different amounts of time for each individual (major) firmware version due to the possible reasons I mentioned or others. Therefore your guesstimate of 3 days is no more or less accurate than, say, me guessing 5 days because i like how Tuesdays smell. ^_^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i wonder how far back they are planning to go, if they said they already have 7.0-9.2 done and are adding more eah day.....maybe they will just go as far as 5.x which would cover every version since the last limit.....or if they plan to go all the way back to 1.0.......feels like over kill i know they want to boast a high compatibility range, but i think 7.0-9.2 is plenty enough....although if they can/do add compatibility for 1.0-9.2 that means every 3ds pre-9.3 will be usable without needing to get hold of a retail card.........i have a feeling they will just do 5.x-9.2 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol