Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone please PM me the best place to find .cia files? I can find .3ds easily enough, but not .cia.
[...] I know .3DS files cannot be played online, but .cia can, so does that mean if I manually convert my .3DS backups to .cia, they'll work online okay?
Adding a header and renaming .3ds -->.3dz is FAR easier than converting .3ds --> .cia.
Even if you can 'obtain' .cia files directly without converting it yourself, .3dz is just drag and drop, while you have to go through installing .cia files. I definitely recommend .3dz instead of .cia for online :grog: It's just way simpler.

Reactions: bache

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Adding a header and renaming .3ds -->.3dz is FAR easier than converting .3ds --> .cia.
Even if you can 'obtain' .cia files directly without converting it yourself, .3dz is just drag and drop, while you have to go through installing .cia files. I definitely recommend .3dz instead of .cia for online :grog: It's just way simpler.
Doesn't sound as simple and straight forward as just installing a .cia and voila. It's not like gw is out yet for his fw, so he doesn't seem like he's missing out on too much time.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't sound as simple and straight forward as just installing a .cia and voila. It's not like gw is out yet for his fw, so he doesn't seem like he's missing out on too much time.
If you can find .cias:

- Drag and drop onto SD card (turn off console b/c emuNAND)
- Install in DevMenu (which takes fucking ages :wtf:)

If you can find .3dz:

- Drag and drop onto GW microSD (no need to turn off console)

3DZ is much simpler if you just want to go online.

Edit: I don't know if you have a 4.x 3DS and have dealt with .3dz and .cia before, but if you haven't, trust me that converting .3ds --> .cia is a real pain in the arse :hateit:
.3ds --> .3dz only takes like 30 seconds.

Hey guys looking for a 64gb micro sd and saw this on eBay... It's very cheap and was wondering if you guys think it's legit. It's had a lot of positive feedback and over 6000 have been sold...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111351741900
It's unbranded and looks fake as hell. It says SDHC on the thing for fuck's sake :rofl2:
I really don't think it's legit at all, but I'm not stopping you.

Reactions: Vickyle

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Gateway is arriving tomorrow, I'm actually surprised it shipped so fast. From NJ to NV in just 2 days, probably shipping to my house tomorrow. Can't wait for it to arrive!
all the shipping services are closed and deliveries are postponed on new years day

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys looking for a 64gb micro sd and saw this on eBay... It's very cheap and was wondering if you guys think it's legit. It's had a lot of positive feedback and over 6000 have been sold...

Do what you have to do, but that is an unbranded card. I wouldn't go anywhere near it just not worth the hassle. I won't buy memory cards from anywhere but reputable dealers like Amazon, newegg, or tiger direct.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I find that the amount of positive feedback hardly means anything, because people tend to 5-star it before they even open it up.
Either that, or they plug it in, see Explorer/Finder say it has 64000MB and then 5-star it.

They hardly ever test it properly.

The minority that do, leave neutral/negative reviews. Those are the ones that people need to read.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats the thing, once you leave positive feedback you cant change it, shill reviews are another problem
they reflash the chip memory to report the size as 64GB when in reality if you try to put anything over 8GB, it wont write anymore
thats even if it last that long

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country

Yo midnight. I forgot something - DSlite2 posted about specials on Amazon 64GB SanDisk cards (US$25) a few pages back. They looked fairly legit; maybe they're worth a try?

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
is this gona play on later firmwares after the new 3ds release in US?
Assuming you're trying to ask if Gateway will work on 9.3+, presuming that's the firmware for US N3DSes, most likely not. :unsure:

If you want an exploitable N3DS, you'd probably do much better with an import of a JPN or AUS console.

Reactions: rac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: I'll take that as a "no" then...