Gateway 3DS save export issue

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Emeraldman94, May 21, 2016.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Hi,

I am trying to use the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Save editor on my gateway save. To do this the save must be decrypted and such. I have having troubles exporting the save. I am using a backup of the game (MH4U). I can see that there is a save on my SD card which belongs to the game: 0004000000126300.sav

The issue is I read I need to export the save using save manager. Im not sure if that works since Im using a backup via gateway. I load up gatway then set it so MH4U is the main cartridge. Then I enter the homebrew launcher then I click save manager. When its on MH4U I press a and then it is says there is an error and its unable to find a save or something like that.

Please help me.

2. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by Emenaria, May 21, 2016
  3. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    I am using gateway. I do not believe Nitro can even see the gateway card roms and therefore couldnt back it up. It might though, I have never used nitro. Which directions would I follow on that page, it doenst make much sense. Im not exporting it to an eshop. I have a gateway cartridge and I want to just back up the save.

Last edited by Emeraldman94, May 21, 2016
  4. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    You need to do the same thing you would do when exporting it to eshop.

5. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States

Well I just tried and it says CTR card is broken.

EDIT: Looks like I missed the renaming step. Trying again

Last edited by Emeraldman94, May 21, 2016
  6. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Uh, did you actually try out either of these methods? I just tested with my own .3dz copy of the game and made sure they both worked.

if you've successfully exported the save then you should have "system" and "user1" files in SD:\filer\UserSaveData\20160521******\%TitleID low%
    (If you exported the save using "Savegame Manager Plugin for NTR", it should be in SD:\save_%TitleID% )

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
    Oh, by the way the NTR method is a lot faster to export/import as you just need to boot NTR CFW, mount your .3ds/.3dz game, and hold L/R while starting the game

Last edited by Emenaria, May 21, 2016
  7. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Rename the save you want to export to this "000400000FF40A00.sav" replace/delete any existing files with that name on your SD card first. Boot up gateway and mount your ROM. it should now work in SavDataFiler.