Hacking gateway 3ds question

googs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, i read the sticky thread about the gateway 3ds ad it says not to update tthe 3ds "beyond" 6.2. im at 6.1 right now so im wondering do they mean dont update to 6.2 or dont update after 6.2?

eidelon13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question too.im planning on buying one as well.it says that it need 4.1-4.5 firmware right?i just checked my 3ds and it's on 4.0.0-7u.will it work or do i need to upgrade my firmware to 4.1 and how?all i know is that if i connect my 3ds to the internet it will update to 6.2.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i figured that much. i wanted to use the streetpass relay feature since i visit one or two nintendo zones in the school year.
Most likely they are looking at the 6.2.0 firmware for a new exploit so if they update it should work on that version but no one knows.
I haven't updated from 6.1.0 myself yet and I'm not sure whether I should or not. The Gateway is looking better and better with every news update and if I update to 6.2.0 and then they release an update that works up to 6.1.0 I'll be pissed at myself.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
i have a question too.im planning on buying one as well.it says that it need 4.1-4.5 firmware right?i just checked my 3ds and it's on 4.0.0-7u.will it work or do i need to upgrade my firmware to 4.1 and how?all i know is that if i connect my 3ds to the internet it will update to 6.2.

If you got a friend, borrow a game that is known to have the 4.1 or 4.5 firmware update.

Ahmed.t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i have a question too if the 3ds is 4.1 and flash card is 4.5 then the flash cart wont open or i have make the 3ds firmware match the flashcart compatible version

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
hey, i read the sticky thread about the gateway 3ds ad it says not to update tthe 3ds "beyond" 6.2. im at 6.1 right now so im wondering do they mean dont update to 6.2 or dont update after 6.2?
Devs, both Gateway and reverse engineers, have code execution up to v6.2. That means both the possibility of finding a new kernel exploit (for backups & other cool things) or getting homebrew code to run. Definitely don't update past 6.2 (where it will certainly be patched), there is much more good stuff to come.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question too if the 3ds is 4.1 and flash card is 4.5 then the flash cart wont open or i have make the 3ds firmware match the flashcart compatible version
the flashcart will work on 4.1 you can be on any firmware version 4.5 and below.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol