Hacking Gateway 3ds HELP?!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Yah, @prkiewpyne is correct. There is a 300 titles limit per a single Nintendo 3DS folder. You use 3DSBank or gm9 scripts [1][2][3][4] to rotate between multiple folders.
Can you explain more? You mean I can only install 300titles on 3ds? or I can put 300games in a single 3ds main menu folder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which one is easy to use 3dsbank or gm9 scripts?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain more? You mean I can only install 300titles on 3ds? or I can put 300games in a single 3ds main menu folder?

Which one is easy to use 3dsbank or gm9 scripts?

All your HOME Menu *.cia games are installed in the Nintendo 3DS folder. If you go over installing roughly more than 300 titles, they'll start to disappear. To avoid this limitation, you use the DSiWare app 3DSBank or those GM9 scripts (in GodMode9) to change places for multiple Nintendo 3DS folders.

Whichever you choose and settle with is personal preference. Try each one out.

3DSBank
The nice thing about this app is that since it's a DSiWare, you launch it from HOME Menu. It'll give the option to choose a different folder or make more. Once you're done, you press (HOME) button to go back.

Tips for GM9 scripts
A quick way to get from HOME Menu to GodMode9 is by:
  1. Press (L)-shoulder + (Down) d-pad + (Select) to access Rosalina menu.
  2. Choose Reboot and hold the (Start) button to get to Luma3DS chainloader.
  3. Press (HOME) button → Scripts... → folder script of choice → etc.
  4. After the Nintendo 3DS folders has been switched / changed / swapped, press (Start) to boot to HOME Menu.

chatmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an o3ds running gateway emunand 11.9. I used the franken firmware instructions that I saw on the German PSX website. I then updated to 11.9 thru system update (booted as emunand)

carol4193

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have been given a Nintendo 3DS XL.
Before I had a R4i card with some not 3d games. Doing some research I came across Gateway 3ds card and Sky3D card.
I decided to buy The Gateway after doing some research as it was cheaper.
I have received the card and it has not instruction or nothing (Hence why I am here). I cannot find a Firmware or any online help that ''helps'' me to set it up. I am quite annoyed as now it seems as a waste of money tbh.

Was wondering if someone could help me?

TIA

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I had a R4i card with some not 3d games. Doing some research I came across Gateway 3ds card and Sky3D card.
I have received the card and it has not instruction or nothing (Hence why I am here). I cannot find a Firmware or any online help that ''helps'' me to set it up. I am quite annoyed as now it seems as a waste of money tbh.

TIA
sadly it kinda was a waste of money...

however you should probably read the replies above for your answers and when you are done. go here, https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TIA
If you can return the card and get your money back, you should. You can do everything for free now and don't need a romcart for the 3ds; everything can be done with a microsd card. Unless there's some reason you would prefer gateway over the current stuff? I don't think gateway has been updated in a very long time.

also, try not to make duplicate post. I know you're looking for answers, but try not to create a new thread while also posting in another thread. Best advice is to search for similar threads, notice the date on the threads that pop up, and go from there. If you need any more help on anything, let me know.

Last edited by osaka35,

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually 123ab's patch allowed emuNAND to be updated to 11.8 with an additional patch to fix eShop compatibility iirc. As it stands, eShop gets borked on 11.9 and there is no fix at this point in time. However, it appears everything else is working fine.

So pretty much the 3 options are:
  1. B9S (with Luma) + 11.2 emuNAND for GW
  2. B9S (with Luma) + converting saves
  3. Find 123ab's patch and get GW 11.9 but sacrifice eShop until further notice
Quite frankly, if you are already having this much trouble even identifying any of the 3 aforementioned options to begin with, perhaps it would be a good idea to listen to everyone else and choose the easiest path i.e #2 with save conversion. #1 and #3 are for people who know what they are getting themselves into, hence why they are not the first recommendation.
Hey, sorry to revive this thread, so, in 11.9 I can't update game anymore? 'cause that happening to me haha Yes... I'm using Gateway emuNAND on 11.10

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Or just buy sky3ds plus it can play .3ds ROMs and you can play online if you have one legit game to extract the header from.

However, I use gateway cart on 3ds system with old firmware to dump my original games just to get the headers.

I also use gateway windows software to extract the headers and inject them into the ROMs.

You can download free dlcs/updates or buy dlcs for your 3ds ROMs like legit games.

Very simple but I can dump my games but you can't.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night