XP
Country
Slovenia
I ask about update and the answer is from gateway:
untitled-2.jpg

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is the real moment of truth for the Gateway 3DS cart; it's first firmware challenge. The Gateway3DS team probably has a lot of potential buyers driving them to update the cart to work on the current firmware, if the money isn't enough to encourage them to get it working then it's pretty much DOA unless they hand it off to someone else to poke at it.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
By the looks of it, it has been blocked but how come, if it not out there for nintendo to block?

because nintendo are smart and they can assume how someone has done something like this

its like someone going "theres a hole somewhere in this area" and when you point it out you can look and find it

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yall should be more optimistic, for one thing that means it still works on lower firmware (so they might lower prices and sell it) and for another just because its blocked atm, that doesn't mean they wont update, no?

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't get it. Just don't update your 3DS and your Gateway will be just fine. What's the problem?
The problem is the price tag, if that doesn't change even with this new limitation presented. Also, the option of playing newer games will be eliminated if you wish to continue using the cart. Some newer official game carts have updates on them that are needed to allow the games to play.

yall should be more optimistic, for one thing that means it still works on lower firmware (so they might lower prices and sell it) and for another just because its blocked atm, that doesn't mean they wont update, no?
If it's $5 I'd buy it. :) New pokemon is coming in just over 3 months which I'd bet would require an update, which might mean this purchase would be a waste.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

johnnywalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is the price tag, if that doesn't change even with this new limitation presented. Also, the option of playing newer games will be eliminated if you wish to continue using the cart. Some newer official game carts have updates on them that are needed to allow the games to play.
Believe me - many of us would be extremely happy, if we had an opportunity to play "only" several dozens games that don't need newer firmware. On the other hand - lower Gateway's price would be very appreciate :D

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Believe me - many of us would be extremely happy, if we had an opportunity to play "only" several dozens games that don't need newer firmware. On the other hand - lower Gateway's price would be very appreciate :D

Would be a desaster for the gateway team il think. They never will sell many of them if its permanantly blocked by 6.0.0 before its even releasd :D And they already did a big investment into this product :S So lets wait, il hope theyre able to get it working again ;)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By the looks of it, it has been blocked but how come, if it not out there for nintendo to block?
Some people have their hands on them already, it's possible some Nintendo employee got a hold of one or got information on one from one of the people who got one.

Alternatively, there could be something in legit carts (e.g. some chip or other) that has never been checked for previously but the new update does check for. Seeing as it wasn't checked for before, Gateway never bothered to add it to their cart, and so it fails the new checks.

Personally, I think it's pretty funny if it has indeed been blocked already (which the signs do point towards).

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Didnt Costello knowed someone who already had an early preview sample? (he confirmed that those dumps are working) May he is able to get some more ifnormations =)

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people have their hands on them already, it's possible some Nintendo employee got a hold of one or got information on one from one of the people who got one.

Alternatively, there could be something in legit carts (e.g. some chip or other) that has never been checked for previously but the new update does check for. Seeing as it wasn't checked for before, Gateway never bothered to add it to their cart, and so it fails the new checks.

Personally, I think it's pretty funny if it has indeed been blocked already (which the signs do point towards).

I see, thanks for the info & to the other's who reply to my post. Hopefully, DSTWO team gets a copy of gateway and makes a good flash card (or better yet we get CFW).

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Is it over before it began? lmao The future of piracy isn't looking bright

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am with you on that. But of course I dont think they will create a video anytime soon. Psh
I just dont get it. Seriously... Why post a video IF 1. product wasnt finished supposly. 2. They will keep changing the release date.

The Gateway site said by the End of June, not "Expected Release Date: June 15th" which was what one of the retailers said.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn...it seems like it gonna be time for us to pack it up and get a second job to buy the new titles :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.