• Replies 1,490
  • Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
Been out of the loop for a while... whatever happened to this shitty chinese bootleg? got blocked yet?

It hasn't been released yet, but Nintendo issued a new patch today. We have to wait and see if someone who has a Gateway sold them out to Nintendo or not.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
because we don't have any release date yet, and I like to get those Mii Plaza things... but if the upgrade will block the GateWay... so, I better don't update my system... so... I wan't to know... there's no problem, no?
Just don't update and wait. Period.

lestatbytes

leaving without a trace..
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
make it simple ,. if your plannin on using roms then dont update, WAIT, to be SAFE, but if u want online features then update its simple :P whats the deal with these &$#^% questions" should i update or not", just saying coz normal ppl should know bout this already. besides they(gateway 3ds) already announced possible cart fw upgrade so again WAIT.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope people who wanted some eshop/VC games in particular followed my advice to buy and download them before being locked out of the shop :)

Another solution is to just buy a second used 3DS for all things flashcarts/softmod before people update them. (and before nintendo updates the ones on shelves)

Not cheap but not tremendously expensive, it's not uncommon to see used 3DSes for about the price of a Gateway cart.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
just got onto the Gateway Team

and there responce to the 6.0.0 update
was "Don't Update your Console" which is the common team response for "It got blocked"

so just to warn people who are getting or hope on getting
Well that's laughable, and to think they had any hope of creating a game manager or breaking region lock.

Edit: I received an email saying pretty much the same thing:

We will run some tests soon and see if it is compatible now or if we can make it
compatible quickly, but again, as we stated several times: do NOT update your
console until we say it is ok to do so.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just got onto the Gateway Team

and there responce to the 6.0.0 update
was "Don't Update your Console" which is the common team response for "It got blocked"

so just to warn people who are getting or hope on getting

They did not testet it, seems to me. My answer from them:

We will run some tests soon and see if it is compatible now or if we can make it
compatible quickly, but again, as we stated several times: do NOT update your
console until we say it is ok to do so.
So we have to wait for an proper answer ;)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
They did not testet it, seems to me. My answer from them:

So weel have to wait ;)

lol thats the common responce they say

it takes a few seconds to test
but why would you say your card is blocked

when if a card works there like IT WORKS IT WORKS and post it all over there site

plus can anyone spot anywhere they said not to update?

Reactions: Snailface

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
lol thats the common responce they say

it takes a few seconds to test
but why would you say your card is blocked

when if a card works there like IT WORKS IT WORKS and post it all over there site
At this point, anybody buying from them would have to be a fucking idiot if the Gateway3DS team refuses to post another video showing the current firmware and then the games running all in one take. If they don't and they try to hide that it's blocked for good then this is absolutely a money grab and they had no intention of update support. Or, perhaps they'll deflate their heads a bit and lower the price if it requires people to stay on a specific firmware.

Reactions: stephysanrio

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Well that's laughable, and to think they had any hope of creating a game manager or breaking region lock.

Edit: I received an email saying pretty much the same thing:
compatible quickly, but again, as we stated several times: do NOT update your​
console until we say it is ok to do so.​
That's a 99% confirmation it has been blocked. Like Pong says, it is something that takes 5 minutes to test. They know already.

A potential customer should consider it blocked until Gateway proves otherwise.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, anybody buying from them would have to be a fucking idiot if the Gateway3DS team refuse to post another video showing the current firmware and then the games running all in one take. If they don't and they try to hide that it's blocked then this is absolutely a money grab and they had no intention of support. Or, perhaps they'll deflate their heads a bit and lower the price if it requires people to stay on a specific firmware.

I am with you on that. But of course I dont think they will create a video anytime soon. Psh
I just dont get it. Seriously... Why post a video IF 1. product wasnt finished supposly. 2. They will keep changing the release date.

To me thats a really bad strategy to sell something no on knows anything about, advertising the final product and when is ready to ship/release its the way to go. I mean all they did was warn nintendo and this is the consequence of that. Which regardless could had happened later on BUT its blocked before it was even released lol... xD

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am with you on that. But of course I dont think they will create a video anytime soon. Psh
I just dont get it. Seriously... Why post a video IF 1. product wasnt finished supposly. 2. They will keep changing the release date.

To me thats a really bad strategy to sell something no on knows anything about, advertising the final product and when is ready to ship/release its the way to go. I mean all they did was warn nintendo and this is the consequence of that. Which regardless could had happened later on BUT its blocked before it was even released lol... xD
It had the bare minimum requirements to be profitable: piracy. They just figured if they got their cart to work the way it does, it's only a matter of time before someone else does what they did, they wanted to be out of the gates (lol puns) first before someone else cashes in on their idea. It just comes down to money. They know there are plenty of people desperate for their free 3DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person