Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkipod

SELL ME GBA FLASH CART
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for getting off-topic earlier, I had just never heard of that stuff. Back on topic now, all I really want is homebrew that can fully take advantage of the 3ds hardware. Current cards cannot do that correct?

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why release video, make statements, FAQs and false promises if they don't have completed product? In my opinion this is dirty and Crown3DS like approach. If your device not ready - sit silent until it is, simple as that. I won't support them, and they don't have my trust either.

Why people should believe they release >6.0 update later? Or believe this thing updatable at all? It's even possible that this flashcard using exploit and can be patched by Nintendo once and for all, cutting every possibility making it to work on higher firmwares.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why release video, make statements, FAQs and false promises if they don't have completed product?
Con resellers. Create enough popularity, resellers don't want to miss out on the popularity of the device and all place orders. It's a popular Chinese scam, you can see it often on ebay as well. They get all the orders setup and paid for, take all the money out of the bank, and head for the hills while everyone's waiting for it to ship to resellers. By the time any of the resellers try to get their money back, the account is empty and the owner has vanished. Supports why they don't want preorders too, that way when the reseller gets screwed, they can't pass on being screwed to the consumers.

Reactions: stephysanrio

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont think those keys have any relevance to the cobra ODE , they are nothing new , already known by cyberskunk /team rebug and others who make later cfw's all this supposedly will allow is for other devs to push out cfw;s which from what i read is not a good thing as they may not be as wel tested with all ps3 hardware revisions as other more well know devs cfw are , besides so what if keys are leaked, you will still have to burn BR-d's or even flash your BRd and burn BR discs ,still its not even worth it, better of to get an ODE if you dont have a 3.55 console or a dg-able console and flasher
Nah man, if you read the thread, the people who released the keys discuss it further. The scene was wondering how the Cobra ODE claimed to be able to play backups on 2.5k+ PS3's, and this was how. Some of the keys that came out of this leak can allow for backups to be played from your PS3 hard drive, without a CFW. Someone just needs to write a program/driver utilizing these keys to read the PS3 drive properly now, and we'll be able to throw whatever games onto it we want, since games aren't signed with the unique key used for firmwares now.

(And yes this is off topic.. but someone started this little convo and there isn't really a way to just move it to the PS3 section... This should be the end of it anyway.)

As for Gateway 3DS.... Speculation, speculation, speculation. Just relax and see what happens.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
-Begining of the scam:
*Gateway-3ds website opened
*A video and a FAQ were posted on the website, the card now looks real.
*Preorders opened: money gain begining
*Not enought money: emails sent about the delay
*More people can preorder <---- You are here
*Got enough money
*Close website
-End of the scam

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*sigh*...ok guys, keep 'm coming... SCAM or NO SCAM....we still don't have anough post to make a decision...

(This is oc a reply to state the rediculousness of people posting the same over and over again)

Rytoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Begining of the scam:
*Gateway-3ds website opened
*A video and a FAQ were posted on the website, the card now looks real.
*Preorders opened: money gain begining
*Not enought money: emails sent about the delay
*More people can preorder <---- You are here
*Got enough money
*Close website
-End of the scam

If it IS a scam, I'd like to be scammed in peace, thank you.

And I'm curious as to why Nintendo would brashly release updates to fight a non-existing device created by scammers.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I'm curious as to why Nintendo would brashly release updates to fight a non-existing device created by scammers.
Who says they did? There have been other glitchy updates released in the past. It was not "Rushed to fight Gateway" as some people will lead you to believe.

Rytoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who says they did? There have been other glitchy updates released in the past. It was not "Rushed to fight Gateway" as some people will lead you to believe.

It's still kind of odd that the 6.0.0 update was released the 17th, two days after the 1st Gateway release date, mysteriously blocking the card. Then the 6.1.0 update was only released ten days later due to stability issues, which tells me that the 6.0.0 was rushed out to meet a certain date, without enough QA Testing to iron out the bugs. If it's a mere coincidence, then props to Nintendo. But still, I'd like to believe that more than just saying that the Gateway is a scam.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Agree

what also could have happened
owner of the scam: lol so many clicks for the faked crown 3DS website we should make our own faked 3DS flashcard website and make some money with this website
---some Days later---
Nin: Oh no there is a flashcard for the 3DS coming out what could we do?
Nin: lets add some checks to the NATIVE_FIRM to prevent possible flashcards from working
---some Days later---
owner of the scam: yea even Nin thought this website is real. Now the scam looks super real. Lets say we are having trouble with the new update and get even more money.

Reactions: stephysanrio

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Well everyone has an opinion. Still, I don't necessarily agree with it.
That's fine! :D

The problem:

Where are you gonna turn?
The answer:

NOWHERE!
I know this XD Damn well. I don't need to turn anywhere right now. Besides Kid Icarus: Uprising (which I still don't have,) that's currently the only 3DS game released that I want. Gateway isn't released yet, and so to me, that still means it is something of the immediate future. The games I want, which I obviously don't have, like A Link Between Worlds, Yoshi's Island 3DS, and Super Smash Bros. 3DS are still in the making. Since the games I want aren't out yet, it's not a real pressing issue for me. I'm super happy with my DSTwo. I said in another post that besides the Kingdom Hearts I and II games, and L.A. Noire - all of my favorite games I've ever played are emulatable (you know what I mean, making up words now XD) on either my CFW PSP or my SCDSTwo. That's huge for me. I also do own a Vita, and that lets me have Persona 4 Golden. :wub:

That leaves us with:

Understanding that as a first 3DS ROM compatible flashcart, even with save issues, even with lack of UI, even with no support on newer firmwares and even with the hassle of only working with 1 ROM per SD card, the Gateway is still a major leap forwards for the 3DS Hacking and Homebrew scene.

With all due respect, no shit. I've been saying this as well as everyone else many times before. I feel like if this breakthrough with Gateway is made, better things should come out in the future. If they don't, I'll settle for Gateway. Right now, however, $40 is a bit more affordable to me than $80. With the way my finances are, if I spread everything out and gradually work on my collection instead of just throwing out one lump sum, I should be fine.

But I have to say, I wish I could make that decision myself and simply go original :/
You can - the only one who's stopping you is yourself.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's fine! :D

I know this XD Damn well. I don't need to turn anywhere right now. Besides Kid Icarus: Uprising (which I still don't have,) that's currently the only 3DS game released that I want. Gateway isn't released yet, and so to me, that still means it is something of the immediate future. The games I want, which I obviously don't have, like A Link Between Worlds, Yoshi's Island 3DS, and Super Smash Bros. 3DS are still in the making. Since the games I want aren't out yet, it's not a real pressing issue for me. I'm super happy with my DSTwo. I said in another post that besides the Kingdom Hearts I and II games, and L.A. Noire - all of my favorite games I've ever played are emulatable (you know what I mean, making up words now XD) on either my CFW PSP or my SCDSTwo. That's huge for me. I also do own a Vita, and that lets me have Persona 4 Golden. :wub:

With all due respect, no shit. I've been saying this as well as everyone else many times before. I feel like if this breakthrough with Gateway is made, better things should come out in the future. If they don't, I'll settle for Gateway. Right now, however, $40 is a bit more affordable to me than $80. With the way my finances are, if I spread everything out and gradually work on my collection instead of just throwing out one lump sum, I should be fine.

Well, I see your point.

It's up to you then :D

As for:

Not really my friend. The only one stopping me is my wallet..

Reactions: Xarsah16

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
SCAM:
To:
Cc:
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:10:46 +0530
Subject: Dear Beloved .

Hello Friend.

Compliment of the Season, I got your contact information from a reputable business professional directory of your country which gives me assurance of your legibility as a person. I send you this brief letter to solicit your partnership to transfer
($22,500,000.00 U.S Dollars) from Hong Kong to your country. I shall furnish you with more info when i get a positive reply from you. Reply me Via E-mail ([email protected]) if you are interested.
Best Regards,
Mr. LEUNG CHEUNG

NOT A SCAM:
- - Suggested Retail price?
About $80/€65

- Availability: End of June. BUT until production has started, we are not accepting any pre-payment, therefore end-users should NOT pay until we indicate on our site that pre orders are officially open and payments from resellers are being accepted. PLEASE DO NOT PRE-PAY UNTILL WE SAY SO !

dh4m13l

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Argentina
SCAM!! NOT SCAM!! SCAM!! NOT SCAM!! SCAM!! NOT SCAM!! SCAM!! NOT SCAM!!
*Meanwhile in another country sonictopfan is playing with his 3DS and enjoying it, checking the forum now and then* :gba:

Please please everyone, keep on posting.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This card (if it does come out lol) is the reason I'll buy a 3ds.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, well, well.... What a mess.
I am spending some holiday in thailand right now and naturally, I got all the best news I can about the different cards.
I didn't read every post in this thread so sorry if i say something already said; I prefer facts and here are the facts I have:
- The name gateway don't really make it clear what i want yet like example if you just say R4.
- There IS a flashcard around that should be able to play 3D games (confirmed by 2 shops and multiple people)
- The price is high, just above 100$ but i know here things are a bit more expancive than in bkk where the price should be just below 100$
- Nobody could show me the card yet.

I have an appointement with my dentist tomorrow afternoon
If I am not too tired/hurt much, I will try to go to the mecca of (copied) games in BKK and see what are the facts there.
If I can not get my hands on a working card there, there is with 99.9% sureness no working cards at the moment.

SaintTsubasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I know how hard it is for us argentinians to play original games, I mean, I have a CFW PS3 and I love not having to pay one peso to play all the latest games.
Since April I was wondering if I should buy a 3DS. When I heard the first Gateway news back in May I thought "Man, this may be a good time to buy a 3DS", so I waited a couple months but my money-spending dissease kicked in and I HAD to buy one. Now I have it, I bought Fire Emblem Awakening and Project x Zone and I'm REALLY happy I did, because they're two awesome games.

So, I CAN'T wait for GW3DS to come out.
AAAAND, long story short, buy a 3ds, then send me your friend code jajaja

Reactions: Celice and dh4m13l

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
That wouldn't be the case unless production was finished :)
You probably don't really know how the market down here is working.
The most people here can't really read english well and are lazy to read it.
So the people that confirmed that info that there is a card playing 3D games have to be generated in thai language.
Adding to this, there is a central point (the place i called the "mecca") that is the supplier to the most game shops around bkk.
This means that if the infamous card is on the way to where i am now, it should be available at the mecca.

By the way, most of thai people can not afford the original games so they need a way to play copied games, they not really care about rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1