Hacking Gateway 3.6.2

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
And here I am hyped about the downgrade news, sorry gateway.
downgrade isn't so special i think, i showed it off last january (i think) in my region change poc, the only news is that we have new hax that let us run the tools to install and patch arm9 (i think) to bypass the lower version checks on install, but nothing so special about the 'ability' to downgrade

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would rather just use Gateways new launcher for 9.3+ rather than attempt a downgrade, atleast until that clusterf*ck of a downgrade program gets better soon. Too many reported bricks to be safe.

Heres to hoping it does not take 1 month or 2. Godspeed GW.

Reactions: m_babble and cearp

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would rather just use Gateways new launcher for 9.3+ rather than attempt a downgrade, atleast until that clusterf*ck of a downgrade program gets better soon. Too many reported bricks to be safe.

Heres to hoping it does not take 1 month or 2. Godspeed GW.

There is no reason to believe Gateway has a 9.3+ launcher (well, they could do 9.3-9.4, but not above). Gateway will just probably tell you to use this to downgrade anyway.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to believe Gateway has a 9.3+ launcher (well, they could do 9.3-9.4, but not above). Gateway will just probably tell you to use this to downgrade anyway.

That is true. But ill be willing to bet that by then, the downgrade options are going to be smoother and less risky.

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bummer - all new stuff for cheaters and nothing for the rest of us that play fair :(
I wish they would add 10.3 support for the N3DS so eShop can be used again

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Bummer - all new stuff for cheaters and nothing for the rest of us that play fair :(
I wish they would add 10.3 support for the N3DS so eShop can be used again
after the Xth time playing OoT, i don't WANT to play fair.
if messing around as adult link/child link/no sword whenever i want is a crime, then i'm guilty ;)

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shinyquagsire23 did you document the function or fix related to this on 3dbrew or are you going to keep it a secret?
I've got no problem with this, closing the lid and launching fmp is already an automatic reaction to the emuNAND booting up, would still be nice to save the 3 seconds on every startup...

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had the 3D N3DS bug when launching emunand from MSET, either on 8.1J or 9.1J as long as 3D was enabled (slider at the middle) before the launch.
Today I tried launching emunand via the GW 3sdx as autoboot or launched from HBL and I always get the bug, strange.
It seems to be an initialization or timing issue.

Maartenjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm sorry for this post, i have Old 3ds with 9.4 , i saw about downgrading how can i do that or ? is this for later:) i got gateway card but i'm still waiting to use it? or will gateway support 9.4 soon? Thanks for support guys!

ttr13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible to lock value when I simply use the built in cheat function?
all the cheat function does currently is freeze values or let you search for values.

when editing the cheats you input the value you want in hex

Anyone else getting the "Error saving cheats" while trying to actually save a new cheat code??

that's all I'm getting currently too, aand I've tried to save cheats with a few games.

ah well, at least I don't have type the cheats into a notepad AND have to then input it into the cheat list editor upon finding the cheats.

Last edited by ttr13,
Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.