Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody who is getting invalid cia is using the wrong cia installer, only devmenu.3ds works for me, I know bigblue doesnt but I have heard fbi does. so if you are using bigblue use the other ones.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I haven't tried, but can you use a NDS flashcart in classic mode, or would that still remove mset if the system is rebooted? If so, then this update isn't really that big at all and I'm just going to stick with booting from CN. I also have to try to spoof my eShop version but still have a whole thread to read through on that haha.

not big? it's very good not having to switch carts...
unless you enjoy taking out cn and putting in gw every time you want to enter gw mode?...

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then uninstall the existing System Settings app and reinstall the updated one with FBI in Gateway mode.

I wasn't able to uninstall/reinstall the 9.5 System Settings into EmuNAND using FBI. I ended up having to use TitleManager.

Perhaps there's a newer version than the one I'm using? (It would abort with an error when trying to install.)

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
What truly is the obstacle? Big or small? I am still waiting to do system transfer from my N3DS to my O3DS and I dont have CN nor Sky.

S0ulgain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this method we're still at a point where we need to change cards to run the exploit if it's removed. At that we also need to launch the DS card to reinstall the exploit if it's removed from running NDS games and restarted... I think I'll just keep using CN... Less hassle than having to uninstall/reinstall all this crap. O3DS fanboys can rage on me since mset is what everyone's used to, but seriously, CN makes the most sense to me still.

Correct, just people will tend not to do anything to uninstall the exploit and keep it that way and even if they did, it's faster to reinstall it on the ds flashcart compared to having to go load cubic ninja/OOT and load save file.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Everybody who is getting invalid cia is using the wrong cia installer, only devmenu.3ds works for me, I know bigblue doesnt but I have heard fbi does. so if you are using bigblue use the other ones.

FBI Gives "INVALID TITLE VERSION (0x27)

so no. FBI doesn't work either

so I have to find the one that's official by Nintendo..fuck

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes you will because running a DS automatically 'fixes' the bug used to run the exploit. If you run a DS game, you will have to reinstall MSET.

You can presumably do this using a compatible DS flashcart rather than having to load CN or OoT, however.

My status:
Currently i've my n3ds-sysnand patched with the blacklist-trick to be able to use gateway bluecard as a DS flashcard and i'm still using 3.1.1 launcher. I'm in progress now to update to 3.2.

Question: How do i reinstall the MSET for my region with just the blue card ? Just by running the "GW_INSTALLER.NDS" from my bluecard ?

Regards
Rudi

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the mset exploit on my N3DS, but when I switch between my DSTwo and GW, the exploit gets removed... Is there a way to make exploit stay on so I don't have to run NVRAM thing each time I want to switch between DSTwo and GW?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I installed the mset exploit on my N3DS, but when I switch between my DSTwo and GW, the exploit gets removed... Is there a way to make exploit stay on so I don't have to run NVRAM thing each time I want to switch between DSTwo and GW?

same here with n3dsxl the exploit will no longer work if i play DS games but with my regular n3ds it still works after playing DS games !!!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not big? it's very good not having to switch carts...
unless you enjoy taking out cn and putting in gw every time you want to enter gw mode?...

I typically leave my emuNAND in sleep mode and on a charger 24/7, so changing out CN is not that big of a deal to me. It boots up in about 8 seconds, so over the course of my lifetime giving an hour total of GW boot time via CN is really not that big of a deal. I would find it more bothersome and frustrating playing NDS games and forgetting that mset was uninstalled by doing so, and going through the process of re-installing it. CN is already installed, easily launchable, and never loses its luster like mset has the potential to.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On page 25, there is a n3ds roploader nds file that will reinstall the exploit from the DSTwo, I tried it and it works. So you can use your dstwo than reinstall the exploit before leaving the dstwo.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to