Hacking Gateway 3.1: Is the Save Bug fixed?

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese copy of Zelda on the way as well as a 4.5 3DS to write the save to the cart.

My main purpose with the Japanese 3DS is to be able to use my existing carts in classic mode so I can bring the smaller unit out with me rather than the XL.

I know in the past that there have been reports of the save on the cart wiping when playing carts in classic mode, especially games made with the 6x SDK or higher(i.e. Link Between Worlds).

Since Gateway is using a different exploit and on firmware up to 9.2, does it still format the save on the cart for 4x or does it FINALLY leave the save alone?

I still plan to use my North American N3DS XL at home, so the saves not being corrupted or formatted means a lot to me. Especially with so many hours put into Pokemon, Majora's Mask, and Animal Crossing. I'd like to be able to play out of the house on the smaller unit in classic mode for region free and on the bigger unit at home.

Can anyone answer me this?

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Not fixed. It is not a bug. It's has to do with the exploit.

There is a way. You'll need CFW and savedatafiler (on your 4.x 3ds). You'll need Savedatafiler on your 9.x 3ds as well. This allows you to convert your 4.x saves to work on 9.x.

Once you get all that done and sorted out. Post a new thread. I'll reply with further instructions.

Reactions: thaikhoa

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW will use the encryption of the systemnand itself. If you want to avoid this issue then update your 3DS to 7.X and use the online exploit or use the android app.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Save encryption for N3DS will always be on the current 6.x save keys (7.x refers to the version of NCCH crypto among other things. The save crypto we are talking about was actually introduced in 6.x. Not 7.x. ;) )

Since no n3DS can be or ever has been on a pre 6.x firmware. Currently Gateway mode still uses the old keys no matter what version of sysnand you're on. :(

But classic mode uses what ever keys sysnand had. Thus Classic Mode on n3DS will always have the newer 6.x save crypto.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10