image.jpg

Reactions: Vickyle and Madao64

Zeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for clarifying! He says "roms and .cia do not have this problem". So what if I just dump my retail cartridges + save files before downgrading? I wouldn't be able to continue my cartridges, but I could continue playing them as ROM files (until the possible release of a save converter).

Would that work?
My dump of Pokemon X said its save was corrupted too, but I think that happens normally since its a card2 game. Save dumping should work with card1 games though. Edit: Nope, just tested my dump of Ocarina of Time, and it didn't work either. Looks like we're SOL.

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET!!

The heck?! Gateway has used a new term!

Quick! Someone translate this "it won't be long"!

It is as ambiguous as 'soon' and 'around the corner' or even 'before the end of the week' and 'before new year', so no need to overreact.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
It is as ambiguous as 'soon' and 'around the corner' or even 'before the end of the week' and 'before new year', so no need to overreact.
You don't understand! This is the first time Gateway is trying to say that something is coming up in a short period of time, as in really short!

And it isn't soon, around the corner, few days, or this weekend!

This is unnatural!

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't understand! This is the first time Gateway is trying to say that something is coming up in a short period of time, as in really short!

And it isn't soon, around the corner, few days, or this weekend!

This is unnatural!

So is having a Zelda 3DS XL on 4.5.
When a company reached this point there's nothing they can't do.xd

Reactions: 2Hack and Madao64

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My dump of Pokemon X said its save was corrupted too, but I think that happens normally since its a card2 game. Save dumping should work with card1 games though. Edit: Nope, just tested my dump of Ocarina of Time, and it didn't work either. Looks like we're SOL.

Darn, thanks again! Guess I won't downgrade then. :/ Maybe there will be a solution in the future.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, hold on. How come people are expecting a downgrade for the 2DS possible? :x They have their 'special' FW which not only changes boot logo, but also adds a FW switch thing.

Unless im missimg something o.o

Reactions: 2Hack

shawly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait, hold on. How come people are expecting a downgrade for the 2DS possible? :x They have their 'special' FW which not only changes boot logo, but also adds a FW switch thing.

You are missing the fact that it says on the homepage of gateway:
With GATEWAY ULTRA we support ALL 3DS/2DS/3DS XL consoles on sysnand firmware starting from 4.5 and all the way up to 9.2!

Anyways, has anyone tried it with a 2DS yet? My 2DS is on 8.1, but on the homepage it says it's recommended only for users with a nandmod, which I don't have.
Anyone risked it without a nandmod yet? I wanna try it so badly..

evo25.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Anyways, has anyone tried it with a 2DS yet? My 2DS is on 8.1, but on the homepage it says it's recommended only for users with a nandmod, which I don't have.

yup i risked it without a nand mod on 3 3ds's and 1 3ds with a nand mod downgraded fine to 4.5.0-8E not tried a 2ds yet mind

shawly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yup i risked it without a nand mod on 3 3ds's and 1 3ds with a nand mod downgraded fine to 4.5.0-8E not tried a 2ds yet mind

Sounds good, do I already need the Gateway for Downgrading?
As it seems I only have to put the Launcher.dat onto the SD card and visit the go.gateway-3ds.com page right? Does that require the blue card at all??

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

You can't. If you try, it will tell you that it isn't possible.

I think people forget this often. A big thing also, is that it runs an emulated dual screen. Meaning fw will always be different no matter what. It has to communicate with the screens differently between consoles, as apposed to just stretching it out on the XL.

shawly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't. If you try, it will tell you that it isn't possible.

I think people forget this often. A big thing also, is that it runs an emulated dual screen. Meaning fw will always be different no matter what. It has to communicate with the screens differently between consoles, as apposed to just stretching it out on the XL.

So why does it say it supports the 2DS then??? I mean why should they lie about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh you meant the game. Scratch what I said earlier +1