Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, implying Gary OPA has a reputation in the first place :creep: Seriously though, downgrading is one hell of a feature to have and would open up many more doors for new and current users alike.

Wait, what the hell?? How does that work?? :blink:

Exactly, so why do they fraudently claim you can downgrade 4.5+ systems?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'll try that now actually

edit: You still need wifi :(
most people will have a smart phone with tethering......just set it up and you can turn it on if your out and need to access gateway mode......or just downgrade to 4.x for OG/XL users.....unless gateway have more tricks up their sleeves

swspjcd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I have a 3DS/XL and I purchased a gateway just because they announced support for firmware up to 92. I am currently at 9.0.0-20U and I have never used my gateway before but would like to try now that OMEGA is released. What steps do I follow? Remember, I have never used my gateway card(s) at all.

D

Deleted-188346

Isn't it suppose to go from 1s stage to 2nd to final? It's happening backward right now. New technology :X
Nah man, the Gateway rocket is supposed to lose the top first, so it loses control. As the FailRocket turns toward the ground due to gravity, the 2nd stage falls off. After the 2nd stage falls off, nothing is left but pure thrusters, propelling the Gateway FailRocket straight into the ground.

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm, can't access the mobile Gateway site, just says loading, even after clearing cache and all that. Somebody else with this problem?

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
most people will have a smart phone with tethering......just set it up and you can turn it on if your out and need to access gateway mode......or just downgrade to 4.x for OG/XL users.....unless gateway have more tricks up their sleeves
I have VM and they hate wifi tethering :lol:
I still have a 4.5 XL which I stick to

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terrible guide.

Turn off wifi.
Open internet browser.
Delete history and cookies.
Open camera.
Turn on wifi.
Scan QR code.

You can't do it without internet, wait until the downgrade packages are released so you can use the old method from 4.5.

I found a better method.

1. Turn Wifi Off
2. Boot up your 3DS
4. Open Internet Browser
5. Make a new bookmark for http://go.gateway-3ds.com
6. Clear history and cookies
7. Go back to Tools where bookmarks are, the page should be blank behind
8. Quit Internet Browser and reopen, the page should be blank and the 3DS will have saved this state.
9. Turn back Wifi

Once you set that up, you can keep your wifi on, and you can follow this so you can have a clean launch every time so you don't get anymore errors:

1. Boot your 3DS
2. Quickly launch into Internet Browser and open the Gateway bookmark
3. The page will load just in time for the internet to connect, so it'll never visit another page to fill with cookies or history so you won't get the error anymore.
4. Profit.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't really need to have internet disabled before starting the tutorial. Even if an update is downloaded, just format the sysnand (remove the SD card then format the 3DS without the SD card, same way used to separate sysnand from emunand), and you won't lose your emunand.

Downgrading is a bit less interesting now, in my opinion, as the 4.5 version don't support new saves encryption, when 9.x one does.

Of course it's interesting, it's a portable console x) and we need internet to start the exploit, and when you exit some games (SSB) it restart the system so back to sysNAND :/.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be patient people, sheesh. You can't know absolutely nothing about something being worked on, and just expect it to be designed immediately and handed out to you. Who knows what they are working with or how. Oh well. Entitled people are entitled lol. No, I am not a "fanboy" or whatever I am just annoyed by the spoiled mentality. I read an article recently where the Destiny devs handed out free legendaries to people and since they weren't super awesome items, they actually griped and moaned about getting FREE STUFF. Really?

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah man, the Gateway rocket is supposed to lose the top first, so it loses control. As the FailRocket turns toward the ground due to gravity, the 2nd stage falls off. After the 2nd stage falls off, nothing is left but pure thrusters, propelling the Gateway FailRocket straight into the ground.
I still remember your post with the hype train on fire, you were right. Fuck I wanted to stay positive but this "company" has killed my hype like Isaac kills Necromorphs in death space: ruthlessly and nasty, without any mercy.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a better method.

1. Turn Wifi Off
2. Boot up your 3DS
4. Open Internet Browser
5. Make a new bookmark for http://go.gateway-3ds.com
6. Clear history and cookies
7. Go back to Tools where bookmarks are, the page should be blank behind
8. Quit Internet Browser and reopen, the page should be blank and the 3DS will have saved this state.
9. Turn back Wifi

Once you set that up, you can keep your wifi on, and you can follow this so you can have a clean launch every time so you don't get anymore errors:

1. Boot your 3DS
2. Quickly launch into Internet Browser and open the Gateway bookmark
3. The page will load just in time for the internet to connect, so it'll never visit another page to fill with cookies or history so you won't get the error anymore.
4. Profit.

Yup, looks like opening bookmarks really fast works. Thanks for that.

Reactions: Errorjack

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHA look at the proportions on that rocket. After waiting 1.5 months, we're like 1cm down the rocket, imagine how long it'll take for stage 1 to finish!! Probably 3 years !!!

At least our cards will still support the latest games in 3 years :P

Reactions: 2Hack

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course it's interesting, it's a portable console x) and we need internet to start the exploit, and when you exit some games (SSB) it restart the system so back to sysNAND :/.

1) You probably have a smartphone. With a smartphone, you can easily share the data connection and access gateway homepage without the need of a real wifi access point).
2) When you go out somewhere where there is no internet, just leave the 3DS in sleep mode.
3) Smash Bros don't reboot in sysnand if you load another app instead of closingit. Hite home, launch camera app and here you go.

I suppose the downgrade might be like the PS3 anyway, where you can't downgrade lower than the base firmware (if it's the case, it would mean 2DS/N3DS would not be able to be downgraded to 4.5).

Or maybe it's just for people who kept nand dump? Dunno.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woo works! Emunand, games, etc! Installing my CIAs now, I'm happy! To anyone worrying about the hassle of loading the website all the time just use sleep mode and charge when low, no need to turn off and do it over again if you don't need to...

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
hey guys, i have a rather strange situation on my gateway.

It keeps coming up with read errors when I try to use my 16GB Samsung EVO Class 10 microSD, and whenever i try running games it goes "game card was removed", but when I tried loading the exact same game on my 4GB Toshiba Class 4 microSD that came along with my New 3DS, it ran perfectly fine.

Any clues or ideas about what is going on in my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D