Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm whining about the fact that they released this update just to calm down the angry crowd and a minority got fucked over. And now that many people are happy they are just supporting them and overseeing the fact they did some wrong. I support GW , I don't regret choosing them. I know they are the best in business but they falsely advertise and that is a lie. A lie does not have to be so blunt it can be blurry too. They say they will support N3DS and all other 3DS' between 1.x and 9.2 , they even publish a video of their flashcard working on N3DS , they let people beta test and some people even leak photos of it working on N3DS. But they end up having trouble with MII exploit because It's messing up MII functionality so they switch over to a browser based exploit(I have a source on this) probably because that's why they had to postpone and stall it over and over again because they had to switch to a different method and they had to be quick. I'd be happy to wait months if they even care to shed some light on it.

"Support for New 3DS is still a work in progress, please be patient!"

Knowing GW It could be months.

Still no lie. Still no false advertisement. Would you have preferred that they gave N3DS a beta too and have a large amount of their customers brick their N3DS? Would you like a bricked N3DS? Who would you blame if that happened? You'd blame them. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Does it suck that you can't use it RIGHT NOW? Sure, but guess what? I can't either. I can load Playcoin Setter. Go me. I can wipe out puzzles and Find Me. For whatever reason I can not get games to work. Aside from asking for help and this comment I'm not whining about it.

Just wait. You act like your life revolves around this. If that's the case then well... you should probably give up and abandon all things 3DS because that is unhealthy.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm whining about the fact that they released this update just to calm down the angry crowd and a minority got fucked over. And now that many people are happy they are just supporting them and overseeing the fact they did some wrong. I support GW , I don't regret choosing them. I know they are the best in business but they falsely advertise and that is a lie. A lie does not have to be so blunt it can be blurry too. They say they will support N3DS and all other 3DS' between 1.x and 9.2 , they even publish a video of their flashcard working on N3DS , they let people beta test and some people even leak photos of it working on N3DS. But they end up having trouble with MII exploit because It's messing up MII functionality so they switch over to a browser based exploit(I have a source on this) probably because that's why they had to postpone and stall it over and over again because they had to switch to a different method and they had to be quick. I'd be happy to wait months if they even care to shed some light on it.

"Support for New 3DS is still a work in progress, please be patient!"

Knowing GW It could be months.
Remember the most important part about gateway: they'll deliver, no doubt about that, but their perception of time is, well, warped.

So warped in fact, that it seems like the passage of time flows slower for them. So slow, that a second of their time is a day in ours, perhaps more, and soon in their time ranging from a year to infinity in ours.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone give me step by step instructions on the browser method cause mine keeps just asking me to turn the wifi switch on, it does not work at all I cannot get it working? Thanks :)

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly, if GW pulled all these features, theres no problem with them pulling N3DS support "soon" enough. Maybe 2 weeks? Thats the time +/- they always finish BETAs.

I'd like to see it before I'd believe it, seeing their track record with 'speedy releases'

D

Deleted-188346

Still no lie. Still no false advertisement. Would you have preferred that they gave N3DS a beta too and have a large amount of their customers brick their N3DS? Would you like a bricked N3DS? Who would you blame if that happened? You'd blame them. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
What? Why is the alternative always related to bricking? Why must you guys always resort to such an extreme alternative? There are other ways of developing software aside from The Gateway Way and The Bricking Way.

A sensible alternative would be Gateway keeping us informed properly. This situation would be a lot easier to cope with if we didn't have such shithouse support from them.

Does it suck that you can't use it RIGHT NOW? Sure, but guess what? I can't either. I can load Playcoin Setter. Go me. I can wipe out puzzles and Find Me. For whatever reason I can not get games to work. Aside from asking for help and this comment I'm not whining about it.
Good for you. We're not you.

Just wait. You act like your life revolves around this. If that's the case then well... you should probably give up and abandon all things 3DS because that is unhealthy.
He's pissed off, and rightly so. Gateway have misled and baited the community for ages now, and we're feeling the full brunt of the Gateway Disappointment Experience. Remember how massively pissed off the forum was when the timers elapsed and nothing happened? This is much worse. You guys have support. We still have "soon". We could have months more of waiting.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, was planning to order a Japanese New 3DS once the update goes live (just to confirm emunand works), and now I find out it's not supported yet... Should I still order it? It'll take at least 2 weeks to arrive anyway.

D

Deleted-188346

Hmm, was planning to order a Japanese New 3DS once the update goes live (just to confirm emunand works), and now I find out it's not supported yet... Should I still order it? It'll take at least 2 weeks to arrive anyway.
The update will arrive at some point for sure. You're probably safe in just ordering now, but be prepared for potential months of waiting for N3DS compatibility to arrive.

Reactions: sparrowreal

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

i would say no as by then the N3DS should be released in your country & who knows it might come with 9.0 firmware. i would say wait for now as you can always order the JAP limited edition smash brothers later on which according to many people is guaranteed to have 8.1 firmware.

because you can use the DS profile exploit which doesn't need to have an internet connection.

oh i see. thank you RK ;)

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do we always have to read through countless posts from competitors' PR teams masquerading as "impatient customers" in order to read some good info?

I mean it's ok, you are funny, but we have other things to do with our time...

D

Deleted-188346

Do we always have to read through countless posts from competitors' PR teams masquerading as "impatient customers" in order to read some good info?

I mean it's ok, you are funny, but we have other things to do with our time...
TIL that I'm a PR representative of a competitor. I could have sworn that I own a Gateway and am eager for N3DS support, but hey, you seem pretty sure.

Mechachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Why is the alternative always related to bricking? Why must you guys always resort to such an extreme alternative? There are other ways of developing software aside from The Gateway Way and The Bricking Way.

A sensible alternative would be Gateway keeping us informed properly. This situation would be a lot easier to cope with if we didn't have such shithouse support from them.

Good for you. We're not you.

He's pissed off, and rightly so. Gateway have misled and baited the community for ages now, and we're feeling the full brunt of the Gateway Disappointment Experience. Remember how massively pissed off the forum was when the timers elapsed and nothing happened? This is much worse. You guys have support. We still have "soon". We could have months more of waiting.

Because stuff like this has the possibility of bricking. "Better safe than sorry" They don't want to risk it. Are you really going to buy their product after they broke your stuff?

Their communication is a bit lacking I guess but it's not THAT bad.

You don't want to be me. It should be working and it's not (more or less). Playcoin Setter made Find Mii fun for like 10 more minutes.

They have not misled anyone about this. You were not promised support at a specific time. You were not promised support at the same time. You were promised that you will get to use it.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
TIL that I'm a PR representative of a competitor. I could have sworn that I own a Gateway and am eager for N3DS support, but hey, you seem pretty sure.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, in fact, i hadn't even read what you wrote, but now that i have seen your recent posts and your signature, and the fact that you took it personally...

Well, is the salary good?

By the way, and since it brings me joy to mess around with shills, my Gateway has been working wonderfully for months and continues to this very day.... Never a single problem and 100% compatibility.

But of course, it is reasonable to expect so many angry messages from "poor Gateway customers" who can't use the Gateway with a NEW device that' hasn't even launched yet outside Japan and AU/NZ. I mean, 2 months is an eon...

That is why instead of discussing about this Gateway update, we get to read hundrends of posts about the New 3DS...

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Silly question: Is there a way to extract my "Phoenix Right: Dual Destinies" save file from my SysNAND backup and to insert it in EmuNAND?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
For me I give up :glare: I can't wait for more extra weeks/months
I just ordered Sky3ds , At least it doesn't require internet for each
time I power my device + there's Homebrews ( I'm still in 9.0.0-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good thing you didn't
    +1
    Spermin on the mound was given by Jizzus
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spermin on the mound was given by Jizzus