Gamma throwing green screen.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by getrehl, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008

Gamma throwing green screen. by getrehl at 7:23 AM (2,287 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. getrehl
    OP

Newcomer getrehl Advanced Member

United States
    I installed HB and Gamma for a friend and when loading some games with HD cables it throws a green screen. I have installed the same cIOS and such on my Wii. I have no green screen error on mine. Mine has been a bit of a testing ground for all of this so I don't know if there is an app or Cios installed on my Wii which I have missed on this Wii. I've installed DVDx, Gamma loader, Beta Loader, SoftChip, Starfall, and all needed IOS's above v3.2 firmware. I've tried to duplicate everything from one Wii to another with no luck. On the Wii causing a green screen error if I force Vid in the options for Gamma the game will run with no problems. On mine I don't have to do this, so there must be something I have forgotten to install. Does anyone have any ideas? I realize green screen errors are common with standard cables, but this is with HD cables and only happening on one system. Any help would be appreciated.

2. fruitman

Newcomer fruitman Advanced Member

United States
    is one machine using a force pal 60 say, and the other hasn't? i find component doesn't have green screen nearly as much as scart.

3. getrehl
    OP

Newcomer getrehl Advanced Member

United States
    On the one Wii I don't have to force anything no matter what cables I connect with. The other one I have to force the vid no matter what cable I use.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    on the first loaders the GSoD (green screen of death), use to be when the game didn't work, and some people said it was because of their burnings, and hence there are diferent drive chips for the Wii, maybe yours and your friend's aren't the same, and he need another DVD brand-type, 'cuz I even heard that some Wii's didn't like DVD+R at all, so you need to check all that...!!! [​IMG]