GameStop Network

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by hamstrman, Feb 8, 2016.

1. hamstrman
    OP

hamstrman GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    So I went to my local GameStop in NYC today* and couldn't find the network. Went inside, the guy told me which one it was, but it was password protected.

Rather than tell me what the password was, he took my 3DS. I had to remove the stylus for him because he'd apparently never held a 3DS before. He asked me how I dealt with typing with the tiny stylus.

So I'm connected now. But I wish I knew the password. Is there any way to get a Wi-Fi password off of my 3DS, input into MY list of networks?

That's the most important question. Additionally, if anyone knows how to remotely connect to GameStop by way of HomePass, that would be even better. I have gotten HomePass to work on my router.

*I went to get Mew for the month of February, but I don't want this network taking up one of my 3 forever.

2. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Yes. You need to have an exploitable 3DS, a Gateway flashcart, and patience. It can be viewed in the memregions.

3. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Damn... I have none of those. Except patience. It's kind of ridiculous that you can't retrieve your passwords legally when technically you should be the only one who entered them into your system.

Thanks.

Ruby Gloom likes this.
  4. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    You're welcome. It's expensive, so, don't worry about it. It's not worth it.

hamstrman likes this.
  5. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    They are giving Mew trought Wi-Fi like Hoopa?? USA or Europe?

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    If you can run CFW/emuNAND on your 3DS, you could use the leaked SDK tool "NetworkSetting" to retrieve the passwords of your wifi connections in plain-text (i.e., what they actually are). I'm not sure if there's a legal open-source homebrew that can do it yet though.

7. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  8. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    and mew is is code form , not wifi download

Hyura likes this.
  9. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Wait what?? Motherf@#*&!

These people next to me asked about Mew cards being sold out! God d@#&$$t!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Now I'll never get one! :cry:

10. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Yes, you will.

Follow this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-eu-get-the-mew-event-at-home.413162/

But you will need a firmware under 9.9 and this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/

To redeem the code I used NTR CFW + language plugin.

11. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    All suggestions appreciated. I had someone walk me through every step of downgrading out of the goodness of their heart, but after the first 7 hours and 3 more to go, I couldn't take it anymore.

12. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    For this tutorial to work you need a CFW :/

But can't you just go to another Gamestop? Or just wait until the get more cards?

13. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Only the one that I know of. But I just figured they sold out. The guy at the front of the store said to those other people that he "honestly had no idea if they were getting more."

14. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Well, I gave you the only way I found XD
    I did it myself because my friends in the US weren't thrilled with the idea of going to Gamestop for me.

hamstrman likes this.
  15. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Haha, no I appreciate it a lot. Your friends didn't want to go to GameStop??

16. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Well, I have two "friends" (they are from my old university, I already graduated) studying abroad in the US. I didn't really ask them, tried to find another before calling out favors.

Maybe there'll be a Pokémon that the homepass thing won't work, so it's better to wait until that time :P

17. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Now I just have to figure out how to transfer my special pokemon to Z when it comes out with only one 3DS and 10.5 firmware.

18. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Pokémon Bank?

19. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Homebrew save manager and PCHEX. You already made a thread and i am trying to help.

20. hamstrman
    OP

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Yes, yes, it was an off-handed comment, not a question. I'm going to look into that video later. I'm asking in the comments section if replacing the files in my root directory of my SD card will affect anything like my eShop game data, StreetPasses, etc. File A is replacing File B. Something gets overwritten.