Gameshark lite and PSX backups on PS2

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Pizzaroo, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Pizzaroo
    OP

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Hey, I have a Gameshark Lite, and was wondering if it was compatible with a SLIM ps2 model 70012, and what do I need to do to boot the backups? Thanks~!

2. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    The answer is yes, I believe. However, you should not need a gameshark lite to begin with though it does help to avoid having to swap with a cd moving. The only ps2s that really needs a gameshark lite are the v7 (39001) or below. You should also have a flip top for the slim, too.

3. Vomitman57

Vomitman57 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2009
    United States
    are ps2's able to have a sort of hacked firmware?
    By backups do you mean "copies?"
    like w*rez?
    How is a legal product like the gameshark able to do illegal things?

4. Pizzaroo
    OP

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    So Jiggah, do you have a guide/video tut. that shows me how to do it? I can't find one D:

5. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    There are a million videos on youtube that shows the trick. Simply go to the browser (with the memory card icon and where you'll see a disc if you put a valid disc in) and put in an original ps1 game. Once you see the disc loaded on the browser, just swap out using a swap trick (I can't remember if the slim has the flip top or not, if it doesn't you should get one), push x to load it, and it'll load.

You need to block certain sensors to do any sort of swap trick.

6. Pizzaroo
    OP

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    oh, I've blocked out the sensors before. TIME TO GET OUT THE TAPE AND STRAW! Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice