Hacking Games will not load from hdd in GX or Neogamma

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been working with a Seagate Freeagent Go 320gb hdd to get it to play some games for hours now and I am exhausting my options. I have been successfully playing backups off of a 8gb microsdhc card that was plugged into a usb stick with USB Loader for weeks, and I wanted to get in on a bigger storage medium. After researching, I decided on the Seagate Freeagent Go due to the claims about its high compatibility.

I formatted the drive as a primary Fat32 partition with partition magic and then formatted it to wbfs with Wbfs Manager 3.0. The wii recognizes my games, and loads them to the point that I can see the health and saftey screen, and then the games get stuck on their premenu loading screens. For example, Endless Ocean just keeps showing the loadings screen dolphin swimming on loop forever, Boom Blox Bash Party shows its squiggly loading text animation on loop, and they never load anything. For the Conduit, it shows the High Voltage Logo, and then freezes on the Sega Logo.

All of these games work flawlessly on my sdhc to usb stick settup, and they all hang while loading their menus with the hard drive. All the games exhibit the exact same behavior in both Usb Loader Gx rev 566, and in Neogamma R4.

This is my second Seagate Freeagent Drive actually, I bought a 250gb that behaved the exact same, so I returned it for the 320gb which I am using now. So, I doubt it is a drive defect that 2 drives have somehow shared.

I am running a 4.0u wii, that has been banner bombed and downgraded. I am using cIOS rev13a, and I have hermes installed on 222. I have even tried running the loaders off of 2 different SD cards. I have reformatted and tried again so many times now, each time trying something a little different, and I have read just about every post across this and a few other forums that I could find that looked similar to my issue. I have also installed the USB 2.0 app to speed up the access speed, getting my hopes up that that would be it.

I have preloader and bootmii installed with a nand backup. I can't think of any other relevant information. It seems like I am missing an ios or something small but important. I am having no problem reading these games off of the USB stick, but some reason on hard drive, the games are just not moving past their premenu loading screens. I thought I would submit this to a broader think tank, any help would be greatly appreciated.

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I disabled spin down first thing using the included Seagate Manager. I have also used the SeaTool from the website to run all the diagnostics on the hard drive. It says it is working fine.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried loading the games from the hard drive more then once?

Sometimes they will lockup the first time you try to load them but then work all the time thereafter.

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have loaded a few games up, waited to get stuck on their loading screens, restarted the wii and reloaded them. The only difference is that for the Conduit, it did not even display the health warning upon reloading. Just a black screen, where before I got to the Sega logo.

I have also tried 2 different cords, just to see. If I get this working I will probably go with one of the longer ones.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try changing the cios rev to 12 and see what happens.

Could be your settings in the loaders.Like hermes 222 interfering with cios249 or whatever.

Try deleting the config file from usbloader gx and then load the games again.

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried rev 9, 10, 12, and 13b, and I have played with pretty much every individual game setting that I can toggle, even though I already have the settings figured out per game from my experiance with using the device that works.

I also deleted the config file early on when I started having this problem.

Right now I am reformatting the whole thing again, just hoping for some voodoo to happen this time around. I honestly can't think of anything else to try. Though, if it was formatted incorrectly, I don't think it would be loading up the game covers in the menu in the first place, would it?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the hard drive only have one usb cable and a seperate power supply?

Or is it the two usb cable kind where it draws its power from the usb device its plugged into?

If its the second kind are you plugging both in?

Another thing you could try is switching usb ports.
Maybe the port your using on the wii is bad or something.

Or maybe the usb cable your using is a POS.

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a single USB connection, that I am plugging into the second (bottom) port, which I know is working because the usb sd flash drive I have been using has no problems. Like I said, I have tried 3 different cords.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would lean towards something with the hard drives themselves then.

Try a different brand hard drive and see what happens.

Im using maxtor brand and have used three different models and all work perfectly.
Just have to turn the spindown off and thats it.

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how two drives recommended by a large amount of people on these very forums would both be having a problem that wouldn't somehow show up on a Maxtor drive.

I might end up exchanging for a different drive later this week, I just don't see how arbitrarily jumping from one confirmed working drive to another would change my results.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
could be a bad rip of the game,but its probly the same one you used on the flash drive thats playing fine on it.

Could try re ripping a game from the original disc and see what happens.

grossmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the hard drive in question. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10782427 It is a 2.5 external drive. It does not require an enclosure.

And it is not even a problem with this specific hard drive. I have tried the 250gb version as well. Nothing behaved any differently. It is not the model that is the problem, this drive is confirmed as working with these loaders.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting your drive back to fat32 and then letting the usb loader format it to wbfs instead of wbfs manager.

Im not sure if GX loader or Neogamma is capable of formatting the drive or not.
So i would use the official 1.5 loader from waninkoko to format the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol