Gaming Games that will PWN!!!

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Conduit

The conduit has online multiplayer and support for wii speak and is kickass it looks kinda like halo and makes the wii look like a better game system.

The Grinder

The grinder has recently been announced and in my opinion is better than the conduit because this is more like left 4 dead and it also has good grafics but they are made from the same game designers

Wii Sports Resort

Wii sports resort is going to be great but you need wii motion+ it has so many mini games and my favorite and archers game. The trailer made me laugh

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
WiiLee said:
"it looks kinda like halo and makes the wii look like a better game system."

"The grinder has recently been announced and in my opinion is better than the conduit because this is more like left 4 dead and it also has good grafics"

"but you need wii motion+"
whut?

Not flaming or anything, but "looks like halo and makes the wii look like a better game system"? It's doesn't really look like halo and the wii is already a great console. The grinder was announced a few months ago, and because it features 4 player co-op doesn't make it more like left 4 dead that much.. Also I'm not sure if Wii Sports Resort requires motion plus, but merely supports it. Try to elaborate more dude.

Once again, not flaming, just trying to make sense..

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see what's all the excitement for HVS's games.
HVS is known for their shitty-quality games, and although The Conduit and The Grinder both look better than almost everything they've ever made (though that Gladiator game just looks terrible), they still look unpolished as hellllllllll.

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
WiiLee said:

"The grinder has recently been announced and in my opinion is better than the conduit because this is more like left 4 dead and it also has good grafics"

whut?

Not flaming or anything, but "looks like halo and makes the wii look like a better game system"? It's doesn't really look like halo and the wii is already a great console. The grinder was announced a few months ago, and because it features 4 player co-op doesn't make it more like left 4 dead that much.. Also I'm not sure if Wii Sports Resort requires motion plus, but merely supports it. Try to elaborate more dude.

I posted this on myspace a while ago and decided to post it here and i said it was halo like becuause of the aliens and it is futuristic and i said the grinder is left 4 dead like because of the monsters and you are trying to keep alive.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Jaems said:
HVS is known for their shitty-quality games, and although The Conduit and The Grinder both look better than almost everything they've ever made (though that Gladiator game just looks terrible), they still look unpolished as hellllllllll.
People can turn their shit around dude, I'm not as sure of The Grinder, but I have seen gameplay footage of The Conduit from some dudes own camera on Youtube and it looked pretty freaking good bro.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
WiiLee said:
PettingZoo said:
WiiLee said:

whut?

I posted this on myspace a while ago and decided to post it here and i said it was halo like becuause of the aliens and it is futuristic and i said the grinder is left 4 dead like because of the monsters and you are trying to keep alive.

:/ Just because a FPS has aliens and is futuristic, generally doesn't make a game comparable to Halo, it has aspects of puzzle solving and story lines more deep than aliens.

As for The Grinder, the "monsters" are not similar to L4D at all, because Left 4 Dead is based around a Zombie Apocalpyse, whilst The Grinder has enemies such as Werewolves and bat and stuff.

Seriously, not trying to flame or anything, but I just get agitated a bit by people who generalise games such as an alien FPS with good graphics as Halo, or a 4 multiplayer survival as Left 4 Dead. There were games before L4D and Halo, though because games like these are popular, people assume that they are just like them instead of comparing it to another game that is more related or branding it as a different game all together..

EDIT:
Did not have the intention of double posting ;_;

slicknixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:

dude..
Hunter: The Reckoning

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Most Wii games will never PWN simply because most people are still hung up on the graphics over gameplay argument , a fair few games get bad mouthes simply because the graphics are lacking.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only mentions three games. One Left 4 Dead clone and one generic FPS.

Don't see them p0wning myself, there are better games then those to come.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scousethief said:
Most Wii games will never PWN simply because most people are still hung up on the graphics over gameplay argument , a fair few games get bad mouthes simply because the graphics are lacking.

Maybe if you'd actually read the reviews you'd understand that for the most part, this is not the case.

High Voltage... I like them as a developer, they're pretty cool, but The Conduit and Gladiator A.D. just look hopelessly uninspired. The Conduit has a lot of firsts for the Wii, but in the end it'll be one of those 'good for Wii' games - a game that really doesn't seem worth purchasing unless the only console you own is the Wii. At least, that's the way I see it. For as much as I hear about 'omg cool control customization' (boy am I glad that replaced 'omg cool great grafix' as the reason people are praising the game), controls haven't ever been a major part of my decisions to buy games before unless they were really bad. I'm not going to pick up a game that looks, well, kind of bargain bin-ish (and I've seen just about every bit of footage for this game there is - I'm not ignoring it) just because the shootan is easy. I've got a PC for that - give me a cool shooter game on the Wii that can be compared, polish or feature wise, to one of the games on my PC, PS3, or 360, and I'll totally be onboard.

The Grinder, I'm kind of excited for. I just hope the characters are customizable (as in, boosting certain stats) as you gain xp or something. I know that's the case in The Conduit, so I'm almost positive HV has at least considered something similar for The Grinder.

Gladiator A.D.... I will never understand why anybody is even remotely excited for this game. It doesn't look entertaining, at all. The concept is creative, but the end result, the art style, etc... they're all bland, stiff, boring, not cool. Apparently, what looks to be a shallow experience with a fancy coat of paint is excusable now... since it's on the Wii, instead of those aitch dee systems. :/

Anywhos, regarding HV's direction... I'm not sure if I like their stance on core games for the Wii, because the way I see it, attempting to make games that offer up a similar experience to cool games on the other consoles is a bad idea simply because they're almost always going to end up inferior on the Wii. Not trollan, it's just how it works when you've got an underpowered system with an uncool, gimped online structure. I'm not gonna say they'd be better off making one of a kind Wii experiences that really make the most out of the hardware they're on (inb4 someone claims that's what these games are), since they wouldn't have gotten the exposure they have gotten if it hadn't been for their 'We're giving you feature filled 'hardcore' games!!' stance, but I know I would've preferred it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Metroid: Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
The Legend of Zelda (2010)

I've never been a big Metroid fan, so I won't comment on that. SMG2 looks good, NSMB Wii sacrificed so much when they took away online gameplay (especially since they've capitalized on co-op gameplay), and don't even discuss a game that has no title, screenshots, or videos (LoZ).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xta Large said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I've never been a big Metroid fan
I agree with the rest of your post but we really need to fix this. Metroid is a cool series for cool folks. Which Metroid games have ya played?

Super Metroid, Prime 1/2/3. If there's one thing I hate in the world, it's backtracking. And Metroid IS backtracking, with some shooting. If they made the game more straightfoward, I'd probably like it, but otherwise, I'm just not a fan. Although Other M looks pretty neat.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may like Fusion, give it a shot. It's more linear, feels like a cool cross between Metroid and Castlevania for most of the game.

I don't like backtracking either, usually, but Super Metroid and the Prime series are examples of backtracking done well. Only in Echoes did it border on tedium, at least in my experience.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I hate Castlevania more than Metroid. I find it incredibly boring and overrated. I still find "backtracking done right" to be "backtracking". I don't see the point of moving backwards in a game instead of moving foward and onwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153