Gaming Games that don't need the touch screen?

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To make a long story short, I leave for work (I'm 17 mind you, so I still live at my parents house) and come home to see that my mom has thrown a party without telling me. Normally this is no big deal, but some kids got my DS and well... spilled tea on it.
As of now my bottom screen displays only white, but for some reason still has touch-capability. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for games that primarily use the top screen only.

If it helps, the games I've been using so far are:
Mario Kart
NSMB
Jump Ultimate Stars (I play so much I memorized my decks)
Geometry Wars
And Pokemon

Any other game recommendations would be much appreciated.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bleach DS

NFS Pro Street. However the Drift Challenge sucks balls

Off the top of my head..

Are you not fully entitled to demand a new DS from the kids' parents? Or at least make them pay for repairs?

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Welcome to the illogical thinking of my parents. It's no big deal really, my job pays well, it's just I want to have games to play.

Also, I haven't played Bleach DS before, so I need someone to explain the menu to me, like where the different game mode buttons are on the screen. I can play a game like Mario Kart, but only because I've memorized the menu.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The bottom screen is used for cards, which I don't use at all. And for buttons to activate the special moves, but those can also be issued with button commands.

Just beat the crap out of the kids and force em to give you money. And if they tell on you, clip their toes right off. Good luck!

rafcor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
you could get a touch screen replacement module, at dealextreme it's less than 8 bucks so I think it wouldn't be a problem, instead of buying a new DS, it's just an idea...

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would, except the fact of the matter is I'm pretty sure it's some other internals that are screwed up, as the screen still works, just it doesn't display anything.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah the $8 touch bit is pointless, the screen is blown.

I'm at a loss why your dipshit parents refuse to demand money from those stupid kids parents for breaking your property. I really can't understand what form of warped logic is at play there at all. Regardless if I were over/under 18 I'd demand the cash myself if they refused to do it by going to the parents and showing them the damage. Mind you only if I were under 18 if the parents were jackasses about it I'd whoop the stupid kids ass to at least make myself feel a bit better about having to go track down and blow another $130 due to some little shithead.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand

I'm at a loss why your dipshit parents refuse to demand money from those stupid kids parents for breaking your property. I really can't understand what form of warped logic is at play there at all. Regardless if I were over/under 18 I'd demand the cash myself if they refused to do it by going to the parents and showing them the damage. Mind you only if I were under 18 if the parents were jackasses about it I'd whoop the stupid kids ass to at least make myself feel a bit better about having to go track down and blow another $130 due to some little shithead.

From my experience with stuff like this and some five year old breaks something (e.g My old gameboy colour years ago) the parents of the kid are like "But it was an accident, he didn't mean to" and "You'll get over it anyways".
cry.gif
I miss you old gameboy colour.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
the parents of the kid are like "But it was an accident, he didn't mean to" and "You'll get over it anyways". 

Most parents are like that, and most kids do things like that on purpose because they know they can get away with it for that very reason.

Seriously, I would do some major complaining to the parents about it.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I would get a water proof case next time if I would be you
smile.gif
, or buy yoursealf a cheap safe ,or suitcase with coded lock and hide there your ds, when you are not home.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would get a water proof case next time if I would be you
smile.gif
, or buy yoursealf a cheap safe ,or suitcase with coded lock and hide there your ds, when you are not home.

I'd invest in a guard dog in addition, they really work wonders.
wink.gif

You can try Megaman ZX/ZXA, I believe those don't use the touch screen much.

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'm at a loss why your dipshit parents refuse to demand money from those stupid kids parents for breaking your property. I really can't understand what form of warped logic is at play there at all. Regardless if I were over/under 18 I'd demand the cash myself if they refused to do it by going to the parents and showing them the damage. Mind you only if I were under 18 if the parents were jackasses about it I'd whoop the stupid kids ass to at least make myself feel a bit better about having to go track down and blow another $130 due to some little shithead.

Woah... No need to use such language, I already said it's no big deal. Also, thanks for the Megaman recommendations, I forgot I had those, but I've started back up. Both are great games. If anyone else has recommendations let me know. I also thought about it, and I guess I could just use no$gba, but it all depends on how fast it runs Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

P

pasc

I couldn't have said it better lol ^^ thanks for the entertainment !

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah I am harsh in my tone but I have a huge beef with deadbeats and people who don't replace things they trash that are not theirs to do so. I have never even when I was little let people get away with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol