Games that don't need the touch screen?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by thejellydude, Jan 20, 2008.

Jan 20, 2008
  1. thejellydude
    OP

Member thejellydude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To make a long story short, I leave for work (I'm 17 mind you, so I still live at my parents house) and come home to see that my mom has thrown a party without telling me. Normally this is no big deal, but some kids got my DS and well... spilled tea on it.
    As of now my bottom screen displays only white, but for some reason still has touch-capability. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for games that primarily use the top screen only.

If it helps, the games I've been using so far are:
    Mario Kart
    NSMB
    Jump Ultimate Stars (I play so much I memorized my decks)
    Geometry Wars
    And Pokemon

Any other game recommendations would be much appreciated.

2. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Bleach DS

NFS Pro Street. However the Drift Challenge sucks balls

Off the top of my head..

Are you not fully entitled to demand a new DS from the kids' parents? Or at least make them pay for repairs?

3. thejellydude
    OP

United States
    Nope. Welcome to the illogical thinking of my parents. It's no big deal really, my job pays well, it's just I want to have games to play.

Also, I haven't played Bleach DS before, so I need someone to explain the menu to me, like where the different game mode buttons are on the screen. I can play a game like Mario Kart, but only because I've memorized the menu.

4. fateastray

Netherlands
    The bottom screen is used for cards, which I don't use at all. And for buttons to activate the special moves, but those can also be issued with button commands.

Just beat the crap out of the kids and force em to give you money. And if they tell on you, clip their toes right off. Good luck!

5. rafcor

Newcomer rafcor Advanced Member

Brazil
    you could get a touch screen replacement module, at dealextreme it's less than 8 bucks so I think it wouldn't be a problem, instead of buying a new DS, it's just an idea...

6. thejellydude
    OP

United States
    I would, except the fact of the matter is I'm pretty sure it's some other internals that are screwed up, as the screen still works, just it doesn't display anything.

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yah the $8 touch bit is pointless, the screen is blown.

I'm at a loss why your dipshit parents refuse to demand money from those stupid kids parents for breaking your property. I really can't understand what form of warped logic is at play there at all. Regardless if I were over/under 18 I'd demand the cash myself if they refused to do it by going to the parents and showing them the damage. Mind you only if I were under 18 if the parents were jackasses about it I'd whoop the stupid kids ass to at least make myself feel a bit better about having to go track down and blow another $130 due to some little shithead.

8. Talaria

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    From my experience with stuff like this and some five year old breaks something (e.g My old gameboy colour years ago) the parents of the kid are like "But it was an accident, he didn't mean to" and "You'll get over it anyways". [​IMG] I miss you old gameboy colour.

9. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Most parents are like that, and most kids do things like that on purpose because they know they can get away with it for that very reason.

Seriously, I would do some major complaining to the parents about it.

10. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    I would get a water proof case next time if I would be you [​IMG], or buy yoursealf a cheap safe ,or suitcase with coded lock and hide there your ds, when you are not home.

11. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    I'd invest in a guard dog in addition, they really work wonders. [​IMG]

You can try Megaman ZX/ZXA, I believe those don't use the touch screen much.

12. thejellydude
    OP

United States
    Woah... No need to use such language, I already said it's no big deal. Also, thanks for the Megaman recommendations, I forgot I had those, but I've started back up. Both are great games. If anyone else has recommendations let me know. I also thought about it, and I guess I could just use no$gba, but it all depends on how fast it runs Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

13. fateastray

Netherlands
    Well. the bottom screen does display the map, in the megaman ds series...I'd be lost without those..

14. Kael1

Newcomer Kael1 Member

Austria
    I would throw it at the kid >.

15. VBKirby

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Garfield's Nightmare pretty much doesn't use the bottom screen. It's an awesome platformer, so I suggest checking it out.

16. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    I couldn't have said it better lol ^^ thanks for the entertainment !

17. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yah I am harsh in my tone but I have a huge beef with deadbeats and people who don't replace things they trash that are not theirs to do so. I have never even when I was little let people get away with it.