games that can use xbox 360 contoller for pc

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by snakepliskin2334, Jan 11, 2013.

1. snakepliskin2334
    OP

Member snakepliskin2334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  2. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    1. Look up game on Steam
    2. Check if it says "Controller Support"
    3. ???
    4. Profit

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Normally I just think of any game released after 2008 and then use x360ce.exe so I can use a much better controller of my choice.

One major downside to 360 controller support is that developers are too lazy to implement other PC gamepads.

4. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I never understood that... is button/key mapping really so hard that they can't just enable any input device?

snakepliskin2334 likes this.
  5. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Apparently, it is. I second the x360ce choice; a lot of games now will, if they detect ANY gamepad, force their, often shitty, Xbox 360 control set on you, and prevent any customization of the button layout. My disabled brother has been screwed out of numerous big games over the past few years because of this, as his controller is custom made, but the developer apparently feels that's no reason they can't adapt to using a forced control set.

It's not difficult, as evidenced by various directx input interception programs, as well as these controller emulators. It's just laziness. Unjustified, problematic, laziness.

There are tons of games that support gamepad support that aren't listed on steam, or who even are on the service but aren't shown. This is basic, limited advice :(

xwatchmanx likes this.