Hacking Question Games saves under sx os Emunand

billy997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate for your help

I am using sx os with emunand. By accident my kids upgraded to firmware 12 and sx os doesn’t work as we all know.

Now I resume the system by restoring an old emunand folders and back to f6.1 then upgraded to f11 to make it work again. However, how can I get back the save in the f11 emunand as I cannot boot into it to use “Checkpoint” to download save data. Any suggestion?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit of a pain, but you can boot the latest Atmosphere on your fw12 emunand and then use checkpoint or whatever to get your saves. At that point though, you could just downgrade your emunand fw to 11 and switch back to SX OS (no need to move saves to your new emunand you created, just delete it). Also, how did your kids accidently update emunand, was it online?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate for your help

I am using sx os with emunand. By accident my kids upgraded to firmware 12 and sx os doesn’t work as we all know.

Now I resume the system by restoring an old emunand folders and back to f6.1 then upgraded to f11 to make it work again. However, how can I get back the save in the f11 emunand as I cannot boot into it to use “Checkpoint” to download save data. Any suggestion?
Just setup Atmosphere.

billy997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a bit of a pain, but you can boot the latest Atmosphere on your fw12 emunand and then use checkpoint or whatever to get your saves. At that point though, you could just downgrade your emunand fw to 11 and switch back to SX OS (no need to move saves to your new emunand you created, just delete it). Also, how did your kids accidently update emunand, was it online?

Thanks for you info. How could I make sure the Atmosphere is on my Emunand instead of the SYSNAND? I am new to Atmosphere so this question may be stupid....

Yes, I don't even know. When they switch on a game and ask to upgrade and they probably click the wrong button.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate should look like the attached pic if emunand is enabled. To enable it, See this.

• Follow steps 4, 6, 7 and 8 to create the folder structure needed.
  • nintendo_path in emummc.ini should point to Emutendo.
  • Move SX OS files from /sxos/emunand to /EmuMMC/eMMC.
  • Rename the files you just moved according to this picture.
  • If you didn't setup Atmosphere yet, follow the pinned guide, but skip emuMMC creation.
  • If you did everything correctly, Hekate will look like this.

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-12_16-15-31.png
    upload_2021-5-12_16-15-31.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 71

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for you info. How could I make sure the Atmosphere is on my Emunand instead of the SYSNAND? I am new to Atmosphere so this question may be stupid....

Yes, I don't even know. When they switch on a game and ask to upgrade and they probably click the wrong button.
Atmosphere is on your SD card. You have to ensure you boot into emuMMC or sysMMC when you send the payload. Hekate is easier to ensure this with because you can choose to manually enter emuMMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...