Games randomly not loading on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Jademalo, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jademalo
    OP

Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

May 23, 2007
    I've spent the last few days setting up my vWii to load my backups off a portable HDD, However I'm having some seemingly random issues.

To start, here is my sysCheck:

sysCheck

I've ripped all of the ISOs myself, and the MD5s have been verified with redump.
    I followed http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/ to the letter, except for using Smash Stack to install the HBC. I installed d2x-alt.

I've been trying two loaders, cfg and GX. Both are the latest bleeding edge builds.
    All of my apps are stored on an SD card, and games on a 1TB Samsung M3 Portable HDD.
    My HDD is partitioned into two - the first is a Fat32 32kb, and the second is NTFS. I have my Gamecube games on the fat, and my wii games on the ntfs. Everything has been formatted correctly.

Gamecube games always load without issue, and I can play them for at least an hour or two totally fine. (That's purely just the longest I've played them for)

However, Wii games are being a bit... Tempremental. It seems fairly random whether or not the game will actually load, or simply kick me back to the HBC. I can keep reloading GX/cfg, keep attempting, and eventually it will either load the game, or black screen trying to load GX/cfg.
    If a game does eventually load and I quit out back to the menu, sometimes the HBC won't launch, and will black screen.
    Once or twice, GX hasn't loaded any games, even though it's successfully mounted my HDD. Restarting the app loads them all though. Occasionally it won't show Gamecube games, but again, a restart always loads them.

And so I'm at a bit of a loss. If games weren't loading at all I'd possibly have an idea of what to do, but they sometimes load fine. And as I said, Gamecube games work perfectly. (Which I find hillariously ironic)

If anyone could give me a bit of advice, I'd certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks!

EDIT: Turns out it was a power issue, Using a Y cable seems to have sorted it. In addition, it seems out of the 4 games I was testing, 3 of them were bad rips. Rest are fine. Lucky, eh?