Hacking Games Not Working On Homebrew

chambers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed homebrew and can get Kawasaki Jet Ski to work, its a Espalwii file and has comepressed in the name. I have tried otheres however, Mariokart, Wiiskii and also Shaun White and just can get them to work I get that the disc cannot be rear. I am now using good discs and burning at 2x but still nothing. All of these games also have compressed in the iso name. Is there something I need to be doing to the games sing some app before I burn them?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well first things, dont burn at 2x. all my burns are at 16x and work flawlessly. Burn at different speeds and use dvdinfopro to do a pi/po scan. anything below 60% quality just throw in the trash. whichever speed gives you the highest % use that from now on. Also you are making sure to use dvd-r disks correct? and also what loader are you using, and what cios version do you have installed

chambers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 249 installed? I think, how do I check.

Also I have a few different installers on but non of them seem to work, generally I am using the /gamma one in the homebrew channel

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
249 really doesnt tell me anything unfortunatly. just that you have one of the cios's installed. you could be rev6 or 7. If you arnt sure use the rev7 installer and it will update you to r7 overwriting any older version. However i would like to know the type of media you are using, as this tends to be the most common problem with backups. Again if you are on DVD-R media check the quality of your burns, and try an increased burning speed if the quality isnt at least 80%. if you do everything i've listed in this post your problems should go away. Also some games will require the ISO to be patched to use ios 249. I believe shaun white may be one of them... Just do a search for the game on the board before you burn it to be certain.

chambers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the help, I am using rev 7, I am also using -r DVD's but will purchase some more and check again.

When you say patch the iso what do you mean? Sorry, complete n00b at this. Also what does it mean when it says that the iso is compressed (in the filename) obviously I know what compression is but does anything need to be done to that ISO?

chambers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granted but I have searched and viewed different things all to come back with more questions, can you point me in the right direction of a god guide that will explain it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night