OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is hard to imagine for me. :/
Basically it's streaming the input like this:
Wii U Gamepad > Wii U Console > Router > Internet > PC
I'd guess that at least when playing games that require precise timing you'd notice something.

Sort of. It's all over your LAN, so the time it takes to communicate across your LAN on a local server is really minimal. It's all dependent on how busy your local network is, but I can honestly say I've not noticed any lag in some fairly precise timing scenarios. Of course, each setup and scenario will differ, so I welcome your input after testing.

P.S. Sorry to all about the delay for the mouse controls. They're completely done and tested, I just haven't packaged it up and uploaded yet. I'll hopefully do that in the morning for your enjoyment! Also, don't worry: I hear all of the cries for a more thorough tutorial/simplified installation process. I'll whip something up to help the masses enjoy the product more rapidly.

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second this, I'd love a linux version as well.

EDIT: Nice video there...

There aren't any plans for an OSX or Linux release. It was a personal project because I wanted it for emulators, and I just happened to release it and continue its development. I will release the source soon in case anybody would like to port it over.

By the way, nice set up for Dolphin ;) I prefer hosting the server on a separate PC/laptop when I'm emulating something as high-end as Dolphin. It stops the server from "freezing" whenever Dolphin goes CPU crazy (as it tends to do).

Linkinwormm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There aren't any plans for an OSX or Linux release. It was a personal project because I wanted it for emulators, and I just happened to release it and continue its development. I will release the source soon in case anybody would like to port it over.

By the way, nice set up for Dolphin ;) I prefer hosting the server on a separate PC/laptop when I'm emulating something as high-end as Dolphin. It stops the server from "freezing" whenever Dolphin goes CPU crazy (as it tends to do).
was more of a test to see how well it works but without y and b hold it might be pretty useless for most games, would be great for wm+ if that could be implimented somehow into this app

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was more of a test to see how well it works but without y and b hold it might be pretty useless for most games, would be great for wm+ if that could be implimented somehow into this app

In Wind Waker, I prefer to map the X button to the GameCube's B button and set the B button for the GameCube's Z button. Then I put X + Y on ZR + ZL, respectively. Then L+R are obviously mapped to L+R and everything else works out pretty well :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can't you just connect a WiiMote directly to a computer for use with Dolphin anyhow? what part would the gamepad play in this in that case?

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still the same :(. Even when I don't run simpleserver.bat I can access http://localhost/wiiu/pc.html. But not the wii U side. Is that a problem??

Your browser isn't downloading the latest version of the files if you still see the DirectInput checkbox and not the mouse checkboxes. You need to redownload from the link in the first post.

Hussain Bukhari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have
Your browser isn't downloading the latest version of the files if you still see the DirectInput checkbox and not the mouse checkboxes. You need to redownload from the link in the first post.

I have redownloaded it and re-run it 3 times but I do not see the checkboxes. But the files like PC.HTML have updated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots