GamePad to PC Controller [RELEASE/TUTORIAL]

vashgs Feb 4, 2013.

1. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Im having trouble configuring the cursor keys or direction keys namely values 37,38,39,40 , i have being messing about with it playing medal of honor and i can set for example w a s d for use in directional movement and bind them to the left controller , but when i set them to my usual keys the directional arrows i get no control . any thoughts vash ? also is it possible to configure middle mouse click , cuz i get a dumb browser scroll feature when i attempt to click it..

would be nice not to have to re config games to suit the pad .

EDIT . works fine for minecraft , just doesnt seem to pick up the arrow keys set in moh:sh.

Would there by a way to map the scroll of the mouse to the gamepad ?

2. Ghork

Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    I tried playing TF2 with the gamepad, which works pretty fine. There's just one issue, the mouse. Is it possible to determine how much the analog sticks are turned,
    so one could move the mouse more smoothly? Or doesn't the Wii U give that kind of info through the browser?

Edit: The browser appears to hand info of how much the sticks are turned but no better precision in which direction than 45 degrees.

3. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Looks like there is now another piece of software to do pretty much the same thing: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/UsendMii

From the looks of things the server etc. is all integrated, probably easier to setup and use.

4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    It does look simpler , however im more eager to see the video streaming possiblities vash has in mind.

It also doesnt support mouse mapping
    Also it errors when i click start server.. looks nice though ;)

5. Azadar

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    OK while this is cool why cant someone just make an HTML5 Emulator for the browser that runs of PC. This way you could play games via the gamepad anywhere in the house? Seems it would be a great idea and fit.

6. Linkinwormm

Linkinwormm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2013
    Because this requires that you write an emulator in HTML5, emulators are hard work to maintain (i worked on RIN for a while when it was initially ported to wii, and did some messing about with dolphin) if, what you are suggesting is someone makes a VNC type app that works in a HTML5 environment, which is actually processing the power from the PC, this is pretty slow in terms of updating the screen draw, especially for games that might want to run at 60 FPS, I use remote desktop alot, its laggy as hell for games, as you need to send commands to the PC for input wait for the screen to draw then send all that data back to the device and update the screen on the remote device, where as this just sends a command to the emulator on the PC, its pretty much a 1 way system which doesnt need visual feedback on the input device.

7. JunkieXL69

JunkieXL69 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    How about the Pro Controller? Would really love to use that for PC games.

8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    i THINK YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC USED HERE A LITTLE MORE...

9. nuttyriv3r

nuttyriv3r Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Finally had some extra time to get this to work! It's pretty nifty, Vash. I like the addition of the mouse control. Is there a way to modify the cursor speed/sensitivity?

10. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Modify your mouse speed either in your pc or if the specific game you want to use has that option do it there...

11. Hoopjone

Hoopjone Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2013
    United States
    Toledo, Ohio
    I'm so eager for this video streaming capability. any word or update on how its coming along?

12. ozl

ozl Wii4everybody

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    Mexico
    Nuevo Laredo
    Nice

13. Jordy_San

Jordy_San Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Would be awesome if we could detect the ammount a anolog stick has been turned. (For those games where the character runs or walks depending on how much the stick has moved.)

14. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    I'll be releasing the source code soon. It seems there is a lot of demand for new features, and unfortunately I don't have the time to do it myself. Hopefully the homebrew community can meet all of your needs and keep this project alive :)

Side note: I still plan on making the screen streaming happen. So that dream is not dead.

15. Hoopjone

Hoopjone Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2013
    United States
    Toledo, Ohio
    oooooooooh! im stoked for the screen streaming. has anyone found a work around for not being able to use the "Y" button?

16. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    I tried every html/javascript trick in the book. I personally couldn't figure it out, although I see there was another program released after mine that does the same thing. Perhaps that individual figured out a workaround :)

17. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Assuming you're talking about USendMii, from the screenshots it appears to allow mapping the Y button, yes. (I have not tried it personally, as I do not own a WiiU)

18. Crayon2000

Crayon2000 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Canada
    Hi, I actually found a workaround. Simply go to the Search screen. Here is a video showing how to do it with UsendMii:

19. Ghork

Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    That works as for using the Y button but it pretty much disables the ability to use the B button and to use the D-Pad and/or the analog sticks (since they move the marked key around and eventually gets to a place where you don't want to press A).

20. Crayon2000

Crayon2000 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Canada
    If there is no text on the Search screen, B will go back. That's why I'm adding a character and I place the cursor at the beginning. I know that's not a perfect solution since the cursor could be moved anytime with the Right Analog Stick. Maybe someone will find a better solution.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted