TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I do hope we get VC GameCube titles at some point, but seeing the pitiful amount of N64 games we had... I suspect we'll get all of 4 GC titles. =/
We'll get Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, and Mario Party 6. All of which will be absolutely pointless since there are newer, better entries on the Wii in all of those. If we're lucky, we'll get Zelda: Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, the only games they release on the VC that legitimately demand one. :P

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be awesome to take advantage of the new console's features.
Pay up, then.

Stop expecting everything for free. There were no provisions set in place for this when the Gamecube was made, so the only way for Nintendo to let you carry over your physical copies would be to organize a large-scale worldwide trade-in project. Due to the cheapness of Gamecube titles, this could be easily abused. And be honest, you wouldn't trash your originals to get a silly download code.

It's been over 10 years, man.

I payed for the original copies of those games...so how am I asking for it for free? I'd rather have all my stuff in one place than have to change platforms any time I want to play a classic.

Hey bro, you haven't paid for those games in 10 years, if you play them now it's like you're stealing, same as if you bought them used. They should put a coin slot on consoles so you can give the devs a quarter every time you put in a disc.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey bro, you haven't paid for those games in 10 years, if you play them now it's like you're stealing, same as if you bought them used. They should put a coin slot on consoles so you can give the devs a quarter every time you put in a disc.
If gaming required me to keep paying every time I want to play (especially if it's a paid game), then I sure as hell will stop gaming. Or at least for that particular console or w/e. LOL

Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying a game second hand as there is only one copy in existence. But if say, he was asking for a virtual copy IN ADDITION TO his current physical one, then that may be a different story. And say, if I were to play my Pokemon Red on my GameBoy now, it's NOT stealing is it? O____o

EDIT: I think I get where you're coming from but I suppose it all lies in the phrasing huh? XD

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
28577461.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No way was Mario Kart Wii better than Double Dash.
To each their own, I suppose. The two-men-per-kart thing was the most useless, gimmicky mechanic in existence. But that's just me.

Either way, the point is that there's a major entry in the franchise on a newer system compatible with the Wii U, so it's kind of a waste to re-release them as VC, in my opinion, if they're going to release a limited number of games.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it would be awesome to take advantage of the new console's features.
Pay up, then.

Stop expecting everything for free. There were no provisions set in place for this when the Gamecube was made, so the only way for Nintendo to let you carry over your physical copies would be to organize a large-scale worldwide trade-in project. Due to the cheapness of Gamecube titles, this could be easily abused. And be honest, you wouldn't trash your originals to get a silly download code.

It's been over 10 years, man.

I payed for the original copies of those games...so how am I asking for it for free? I'd rather have all my stuff in one place than have to change platforms any time I want to play a classic.

They still make Quarters? lol

Reactions: 1 person

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also think that the selection will be crap. I'm hoping that once the Wii U gets hacked, we'll be able to load gamecube games from an external hard drive or memory card.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We'll get Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, and Mario Party 6. All of which will be absolutely pointless since there are newer, better entries on the Wii in all of those. If we're lucky, we'll get Zelda: Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, the only games they release on the VC that legitimately demand one. :P
You forgot F-Zero. If Ninty doesn't make a new entry in the series they should at least release GX on VC.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

For me, you're thinking small.
There are hundreads of good GC games that could be released as WiiU VC titles.

I'd like to see as WiiU VC titles:
The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi Mansion
Super Mario Galaxy
F-Zero GX
Prince of Persia - Sands of Time
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Star Fox Assault
Sonic Heroes
The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords Adventures
Viewtifull Joe
Tony Hawk's ProSkater 4
Resident Evil
Need for Speed - Most Wanted
Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tony Hawk's ProSkater 4

Four Swords I would imagine would still be a bastard to get running out a days due to the system link system it used betwee a GBA and a GC, I wouldn't hold my breath for it but you never know, if Nintendo is willing to do the dirty work and get it working on a 3DS perhaps

As for Tony Hawks 4, I imagine due to the licensed music/characters in that game it would make it a pain in the arse too

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do hope we get VC GameCube titles at some point, but seeing the pitiful amount of N64 games we had... I suspect we'll get all of 4 GC titles. =/
All five of'em. :P

No, there aren't.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi Mansion
Super Mario Galaxy
F-Zero GX
Prince of Persia - Sands of Time
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Star Fox Assault
Sonic Heroes
Viewtifull Joe
Tony Hawk's ProSkater 4
Resident Evil
Need for Speed - Most Wanted
Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Why does everyone think my post there was serious? I was being sarcastic and making fun of the fact that Nintendo's N64 VC selection no the Wii was crap. Hence, the tongue face. :P

Slightly off topic, but I grabbed Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 today for only $3 each at GameStop. Can't wait to play 'em!

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the hardware isnt in there, but isnt the ability to read the disk like the headers and such, it would just be the laser in it, which I thought the laser used for the wii was the same as the GC, If they could work out a way for you to put in disks, it reads verifies that its genuine then allows for a virtual store download maybe for a smaller fee like 1$ instead of the 5$, this wouldnt have people running out to buy the used ones out there, and they could see the demand by the games registered and waiting on peoples consoles. //two cents

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know the hardware isnt in there, but isnt the ability to read the disk like the headers and such, it would just be the laser in it, which I thought the laser used for the wii was the same as the GC, If they could work out a way for you to put in disks, it reads verifies that its genuine then allows for a virtual store download maybe for a smaller fee like 1$ instead of the 5$, this wouldnt have people running out to buy the used ones out there, and they could see the demand by the games registered and waiting on peoples consoles. //two cents
That's not physically feasable due to the fact that the disc reader doesn't accept miniDVD-sized discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol