Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
OtakuGamerZ said:
I think Crediar making something called DIOS MIO(S) for Sneek v2 and then Sneek can USB load GameCube Games.

And an old app for modded GameCubes called SD-Boot (loads ISOs from a SDGecko) is being made to work on Wiis and from USBGeckos.

SD-Boot and USB-Boot don't even work for me though. =( When it asks to press A, I press it and nothing happens.
I actually had sd-boot working in the past, but i remember it not working very good. really looking forward to what Dios brings.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is shaping up to be a reality. Maybe not direct iso loading, but forwarding could happen, somehow with DIOS MIOS and SNEEK. I don't know how or if it is real. But I could see that happening in the future if this works out. Maybe oggzee will figure out a way to forward to dios mios and we can load gc games from usb like wiiware/vc forwarders go to virtual nand.

If I can load SNEEK almost the same speed my system menu normally loads, it loads GC through USB and CFG loader works, I will be set. The only issue is with triiforce.

NAND emulation on NAND emulator? I think not. Although if SNEEK becomes perfect it may be reality at some point.

Whats this now?
http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/U....png?1270248159

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vash thats why you dont use triiforce's nand emulation when using sneek, you get it to read from "real nand" in which case it loads your vc/wiiware from sneek, and should have the same compatibility as the actual system menu

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune already posted some code that can make any existing loader compatible with his mod of SNEEK-DI. Don't see why it wouldn't work with the normal SNEEK builds, too. And "DIOS MIOS" isn't really anything separate from SNEEK so I don't know what this talk of forwarders is about.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah now if only somebody would compile it lol i would love the source but GP isn't gonna release it, its such a p.i.t.a. i wish we could get ANY loader to work with pune's di stuff.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cause its frikkin pointless, none of the dev's are ever gonna be nice enough to actually help anybody lol. Like there's really no point, obviously pune is a selfish prick, he can't release something that would benefit tons of people, and i already blew his excuses out of the water, but that doesnt matter apparently lol

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
GP posted some messages you posted him.. You're basically asking him to do it for you. We have a good word for that in finnish, don't know if something similiar exists in english, but it means if he helps you, he just hurts you because then you wont learn to do it yourself.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
giantpune already posted some code that can make any existing loader compatible with his mod of SNEEK-DI. Don't see why it wouldn't work with the normal SNEEK builds, too. And "DIOS MIOS" isn't really anything separate from SNEEK so I don't know what this talk of forwarders is about.

I mean a forwarder as in a forwarder ISO in USB loading. Instead of having to load SNEEK, we load the real NAND. Then all the loaders are still compatible. You then choose the GC forwarder ISO, it does its background work while a nice splash screen comes up. It will load SNEEK, insert the GC disc and start it without the user having to press anything. Its just an idea, nothing more. Its probably not even reasonable to make. But it would be awesome.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
FenrirWolf said:

I mean a forwarder as in a forwarder ISO in USB loading. Instead of having to load SNEEK, we load the real NAND. Then all the loaders are still compatible. You then choose the GC forwarder ISO, it does its background work while a nice splash screen comes up. It will load SNEEK, insert the GC disc and start it without the user having to press anything. Its just an idea, nothing more. Its probably not even reasonable to make. But it would be awesome.

Yea it would but to be honest, I would be just happy with SD-Boot or USB-Boot only they don't work for me. I am willing to pay for at least something to have gamecubes booted off anything besides a disc.

I think gamecube usb loader is very possible but not wanted to be done because its either too much work or its pointless to the major coders out there.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well you see thats the thing, i can't just magically learn something lol everyone needs help sometimes, i asked him to point me in the right direction as to what files in the source i would need to take a look at, thats not really asking him to do it for me. As i told him (dunno if he posted it) some of the functions he said to replace i could only find in wbfs.c and i didn't think we were supposed to modify that at all. And he couldn't even tell me well hey you do have to change that, or yeah your right your not supposed to modify that file. Like how does he expect people to do this without any help at all? i would love to do it myself, but trust me i've been trying for who knows how long and i just can't, cause im at a loss about what to do with some code and nobody helps.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will gather as much information as I can on the subject. I actually know a lot of code such as xml, html, and C++. I just never got into the Wii or coding for it. Maybe its time to start.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly, my advice is to not worry about it. GCN USB loading becoming a part of SNEEK is going to turn more heads than the IOS reload-free version already has and the probability of someone who knows what he's doing taking up the challenge will certainly rise. Not to mention that the game selection menu thing now works for 4.2u as well as 4.2e, so a standalone loader isn't entirely necessary, although it might be nice to have cuz loaders are nifty.

Besides, "puneek" would have to be merged with the updated source to work with GCN games anyway.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know, i try not to worry lol but i mean i've been trying to get this done for as long as pune posted his stuff, and im just the type of person who can't really give up on something that im determined to do, its just so hard
frown.gif

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so whats up with this idea? is it being done? can it be done? i certainly hope so, i cant burn any games cause of that new disc drive, so im stuck with a usb loader, i would love to load gc games from it

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well while I would say nothing is impossible it doesn't look good, there are multiple Wii USB loaders out already and not a single GC loader even close to anything.

duplo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SanGor said:
well while I would say nothing is impossible it doesn't look good, there are multiple Wii USB loaders out already and not a single GC loader even close to anything.

Well, the first is the hardest one.
rolleyes.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SanGor said:
...and not a single GC loader even close to anything.
Not entirely true. There is some progress on the sneek/uneek development. Apparently, it is now possible to show gamecube discs (from USB) in the sneek-emulated disc channel.

No, the dreaded gamecube mode (which shuts down all peripherals the GC didn't have) isn't dealt with. But it's still a step in the right direction.

@d3ppy: I love your enthousiasm. But truly, the problem isn't in that homebrew coders haven't gotten around to it, but that the knowhow on a specific part of the wii (the gamecube mode) is obscure at best. As such, it's best to hope a decent exploit or workaround is found. Once (and if) that is done, USB gamecube loaders will soon pop up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-