Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EMS is the maker of that product that you spotted on Play-Asia. It is the only other USB GC memory card alternative to the MaxDrive(Pro) that I could find. EMS has been around a long time - they make some really nice light guns too. Their web site has never been outstanding but it gets the job done. They will email you back quickly with any questions.

My MaxDrive(Pro) works fine with my Wii. I have a US NTSC Wii with WiiKey and I am using original MaxDrive & MaxDrive PRO GC discs. Everything works including prepping the MaxDrive to be readable by the PC. I can even get GCOS1.5 to boot from it.

@outphase: You are correct, the price will probably be about the same. I was simply listing a link to the original manufacturer of the product which I thought would be helpful. I can't say the same for your reply.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's the only alternative to the MaxDrive that I have seen. You can get it direct from EMS for cheaper but I think they stick it to you for shipping: http://www.hkems.com/m_main.htm

I dunno that site looks a bit shady. Looks like it was made from 1995 website builder tools. Any other alternatives?

LMAO!!!!!!
wacko.gif
wtf.gif
rofl2.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

That's typical EMS for you and you probably are right, the site was probably made in 1995. Ok so anyway EMS products work fine, they look real cheap and all but they work. I have an EMS card with usb hookup for my dreamcast and it lets me copy ANYTHING even protected stuff off the dreamcast VMU onto my pc. An EMS product should be cheap, my dreamcast one was only 8 bucks shipped.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does yours card look anything like this? cause I can't get this thing to read.
1ba0b66b.jpg

EDit: I got it to read but the Wii made me format it. No big deal right? Well the MaxDrive program for the PC reads it and gets an error. I format it on that prog but now the Wii also makes me format it. It's making me go in circles. Is there another program that does the same thing as the MaxDrive program? cause it looks like that what I need.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's the same as mine. It's the same memory card for both MaxDrive and MaxDrivePRO, the only difference is the MaxDrivePRO GC disk lets you run executables.

You need to format it with the MaxDrive or MaxDrivePRO GC disk. Hold START and then press the Z button. Remember to use a standard controller as the MaxDrive software doesn't seem to like WaveBirds.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holding start and pressing Z doesnt work. This would be alot easier if the USB device acutally showed up in "MY Computer" window.

Edit 1: HAHA I got it to work. Thanks Lazycus. Now would anyone like to give me links to websites that have good Gamecube save files that are compatible with Maxdrive.

Edit 2: Well gamefaqs has a section on savefiles but alot of them are .gci files. Tried this prog but it just gave me a corrupt file. anyone know of a better converter program that will do ".xxx" to .SAV?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.