Doom87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone!

I recently bought a Samsung Fit Plus 64GB USB 3.1 to use with my softmodded Wii.
I formatted it as FAT32 with the GUIFormat x64 program so it can be used on the console.
My old flash drive worked like a charm, so I just copied over all of its contents to the new one.

I use USB Loader GX to run my games.

Wii games run fine, but everytime I try to run a Gamecube game it gives me the "Exception (DSI) occured" error.
I swapped back the old flash drive just to check if something was generally wrong with my console, and it worked fine, just like before, so I guess I just need to do something to the new flash drive.

The weird thing is that this only happens when I try to run Gamecube games through USB Loader GX.
Running a GC game directly through Nintendont works fine, but for some reason it doesn't recognise space/"memory card" to save, so I cannot save my games with Nintendont and that's why I prefer USB Loader GX, even though it seems to run Nitendont too for GC games.

I'm kinda new to all the Wii homebrew, so I guess there's something I just need to do with the new flash drive in order to start working properly, maybe format it again with additional options?

Please let me know.
Thanks!

Doom87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What's the latest version, and is it easy to update?

I don't want to mess anything else up, the old flash drive works fine, so I think it may be just something I need to setup for the new flash drive, don't know if it's a version problem.

I softmoded it using the steps of this video:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

What's the latest version, and is it easy to update?

I don't want to mess anything else up, the old flash drive works fine, so I think it may be just something I need to setup for the new flash drive, don't know if it's a version problem.

I softmoded it using the steps of this video:

There is an new Update from yesterday:
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont

Quick Installation:
  1. Get the loader.dol, rename it to boot.dol and put it in /apps/Nintendont/ along with the files meta.xml and icon.png.

Version v6.494

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Doom87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I updated both USB Loader GX and Nitendont from my Wii with Homebrew Browser.

Now USB Loader GX gets stuck at "reinitializing devices".
However, if I pop out the flash drive and pop it back up it starts with no problems and every game is playable.
But it's a bit anoying I have to do this everytime...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think if u ask @blackb0x for his version of GX that doesn't use IOS58 at startup and instead uses 249 this may resolve this for u. I recall he recently mentioned it somewhere but I don't think anyone ever took him up on his offer to upload and share it. Maybe if he's reading this he'll make it available (please and thank you)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

However, if I pop out the flash drive and pop it back up it starts with no problems and every game is playable.

It is the good old "too new USB Version" (3.1) Flash Drive Issue....unfortunately not uncommon.
It depends on the Brand too.
That is why your older USB Device worked until you changed it.:(

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would advise getting an external hard drive, USB flash drives are known to be problematic. If that is not an option, then make sure your USB is formatted in Fat32 with a cluster size of 32kb, which is required for Nintendont.

Also make sure you're using the bottom usb port.

Last edited by tmnr1992,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Did you check to see if USB Loader GX was set to try and mount both USB devices? I had that problem once, and setting that setting fixed it.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think if u ask @blackb0x for his version of GX that doesn't use IOS58 at startup and instead uses 249 this may resolve this for u. I recall he recently mentioned it somewhere but I don't think anyone ever took him up on his offer to upload and share it. Maybe if he's reading this he'll make it available (please and thank you)
I just sent him the test build.

I don't know if I'll revert to using 249 again or if I'll move the code to a seperate thread, then check for a result after a second or two. On failure it'd then use 249.

Reactions: XFlak

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

HBB may not have the latest version of USB Loader GX as the link has changed a few times. Try updating it with the latest from https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest/download
Also if you have an ancient version of the forwarder newer USB Loader GX versions will not work correctly, this is probably not your issue because the forwarder has not been updated for many years but I'll link the latest version just in case: https://sourceforge.net/projects/us...er GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad/download

Flash drives generally do not work well or at all for loading Wii games so you are lucky to have 2 that work. We get so many users asking why the console black screens when trying to load Wii games or won't show the games on the USB at all and then it turns out they were using a flash drive, and there is pretty much no way to solve non working drives.

Doom87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I updated to the latest version from sourceforge but the problem still remains at initializing devices, but not everytime.

It must be an incompatibility issue with the flash drive, thanks anyway guys!

By the way, is there an easy hack to enable prompt to return to home when launching gamecube games within usbloadergx?
Pressing the home button on the controller and automatically exiting the gc game is frustrating, but I think that's how nintendont works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌