• Start date
  • Views 47,308
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi.
I was wondering if the vita was powerful enough to have a gamecube emulator, since it has some similar (and maybe better) specs to the gamecube. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: TheOkster

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
The only GameCube emulator worth mentioning is Dolphin, and you can see the minimum specs for that yourself. It's got an Android port in the works, but that currently requires top of the line hardware to run at all well.

D

Deleted User

OP
The only GameCube emulator worth mentioning is Dolphin, and you can see the minimum specs for that yourself. It's got an Android port in the works, but that currently requires top of the line hardware to run at all well.
So, I know that even Dolphin isn't running at full speed sometimes, but is there a chance that I can do something like port it to the vita as Rejuvenate homebrew?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I know that even Dolphin isn't running at full speed sometimes, but is there a chance that I can do something like port it to the vita as Rejuvenate homebrew?
I guess? It's open source, so there's nothing stopping you trying. Of course, your casual tone suggests to me that you're massively underestimating how much of a task it'd be, you'd expect to be working at it for another few years at least before getting anything even remotely playable, even longer if you don't already have the relevant skill and knowledge of how Dolphin works..

Reactions: Pacheko17
D

Deleted User

OP
I guess? It's open source, so there's nothing stopping you trying. Of course, your casual tone suggests to me that you're massively underestimating how much of a task it'd be, you'd expect to be working at it for another few years at least before getting anything even remotely playable, even longer if you don't already have the relevant skill and knowledge of how Dolphin works..
No, I do know that it'd take years of development; I'm not trying to be lazy, or anything like that. And yes, I do have plenty of skills to port something like that, maybe. It depends on how you code the program for it to work at (near) full speed.
Also, casual tone?! ...no. :glare:

D

Deleted User

OP
Before this thread breaks down, I'm just gonna say that I only wanted advice on if it was possible. I got my answer; it might be possible, so I'm gonna leave it there for now.

Reactions: Pacheko17

REDshadowXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The psvita currently barely can emulate SNES withiuth any lag.
I Always find this a bit odd, no the emulators on vita directly dont run well, but the exact same emulators work flawlessly inside the psp environment. top it off with retroarch working very well and dreamcast working, and then rennigamente brought openGL and there's more people thbat can get android apps to run all the same as if it were actually on android and not vita. but yeah i run dolphin on my galaxy s8 so still probably not high enough spec. vita is damn near as powerful as a ps3 though, and i wish i could say as powerful as 360. the ps3 does have a nuts cpu but realistically it wasn't that great as a whole.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I was wondering if the vita was powerful enough to have a gamecube emulator, since it has some similar (and maybe better) specs to the gamecube. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance. :)
The real question is does the Vita really need a Gamecube emulator? Especially on a system thats not Nintendo. If you really want to play Gamecube games just get a WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1