GameCube controller

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Just got my Wii u moded for my son as he wanted to play GameCube games. I had trouble connecting GameCube controller. I looked at you tube and the guy loaded Nintendont and that's when he plugged in his controller. But the thing is he had his GameCube games list on Nintendont whereas my ones are on home screen. Does that mean I won't be able to play GameCube games with GameCube controller?

NecroNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly no, you cannot use an actual Gamecube controller with the Wii U, as it does not have the controller ports the original Wii has.
You can use an Injector to play Gamecube games with the Wii U Gamepad or if you have a classic controller for the Original Wii then you can use that for Gamecube games.

• Haha
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a gamecube controller assuming you have a USB to Gamecube controller adapter. However, launching Gamecube games directly from the Wii U menu does not support any USB controllers. You'd need to launch Nintendont and then pick your game to use the GC controller.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok but my GameCube games are in home menu along with Wii u games. So how can I use GameCube controller if Nintendont doesn't contain list of my games,they are already on Wii u home screen?

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use a gamecube controller assuming you have a USB to Gamecube controller adapter. However, launching Gamecube games directly from the Wii U menu does not support any USB controllers. You'd need to launch Nintendont and then pick your game .

But I can't pick any game when Nintendont is launched. It's says " not found" . I can pick games from home menu using gamepad. So how do I go about transferring games from home men into nintendont?

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to put the games like this:
SD:/games/Game Name [ABCD01]/game.iso

ABCD01 should be the game ID

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to put the games like this:
SD:/games/Game Name [ABCD01]/game.iso

ABCD01 should be the game ID
I also noticed when my son played Mario Thousand Year Door it doesn't save progress it says no memory card in slot A . I'm new to all this. I read about it today and went into nintendont settings to turn emulation ON but it still doesn't save the game. Please note that I'm launching the game straight from home screen,not through Nintendont. Am I doing something wrong, forgive me my ignorance but I'm new to this and I'm only doing it because of my 7yo son made me. Thank you

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please note that I'm launching the game straight from home screen,not through Nintendont.

The fact that you can launch Gamecube games directly from the Wii U menu means they're either installed to the Wii U's internal memory or they're installed to a Wii U formatted flash/hard drive. This format of playing gamecube games is incompatible with gamecube controllers. You instead need to put your gamecube iso files on a device like an SD card as toxic9 described above. Once the files are in place, you boot up your Wii U, pick the Wii Menu, launch the homebrew channel, launch Nintendont, and then pick your game.

Memory card emulation needs to be ON and I believe you need something like an SD card inserted so it somewhere to save the memory card file.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that you can launch Gamecube games directly from the Wii U menu means they're either installed to the Wii U's internal memory or they're installed to a Wii U formatted flash/hard drive. This format of playing gamecube games is incompatible with gamecube controllers. You instead need to put your gamecube iso files on a device like an SD card as toxic9 described above. Once the files are in place, you boot up your Wii U, pick the Wii Menu, launch the homebrew channel, launch Nintendont, and then pick your game.

Memory card emulation needs to be ON and I believe you need something like an SD card inserted so it somewhere to save the memory card file.

Ok . Thank you today I'm going to take my Wii U and let this person do it again. Thank to this forum I know what to do.

Reactions: NecroNova

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok . Thank you today I'm going to take my Wii U and let this person do it again. Thank to this forum I know what to do.
How do I check if my GameCube controller is working? I have third party adapter and controller from Amazon. I turned emulation ON on Nintendont and still doesn't work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I check if my GameCube controller is working? I have third party adapter and controller from Amazon. I turned emulation ON on Nintendont and still doesn't work.
Not sure. The adapter I have connects to the wii remote. The wavebird works perfectly with it, but it does also drain the wii remote's batteries.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure. The adapter I have connects to the wii remote. The wavebird works perfectly with it, but it does also drain the wii remote's batteries.
I have USB adapter. I saw on YouTube people perform monkey tricks . Don't plug in until Nintendont is launched or some other shit. Can you tell me which options in Nintendont I need to have ON as well as other things. Whenever I log out Nintendont and launch it again option"emulation" is off . It's like goes back to OFF each time u exit Nintendont. This is so much headache. I promised my son to get it working,if I only knew how much hassle this crappy Wii u is I would have never even bought it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB adapter. I saw on YouTube people perform monkey tricks . Don't plug in until Nintendont is launched or some other shit. Can you tell me which options in Nintendont I need to have ON as well as other things. Whenever I log out Nintendont and launch it again option"emulation" is off . It's like goes back to OFF each time u exit Nintendont. This is so much headache. I promised my son to get it working,if I only knew how much hassle this crappy Wii u is I would have never even bought it.
I didn't have to enable anything afaik. It just works like a pro controller. A usb adapter, I don't know.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a really old build of Nintendont or maybe a third party USB GC adapter (some have been known to be more problematic than the official one), you can keep the adapter plugged in at all times and have GC controllers connected to it work in Nintendont, no problem.

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a really old build of Nintendont or maybe a third party USB GC adapter (some have been known to be more problematic than the official one), you can keep the adapter plugged in at all times and have GC controllers connected to it work in Nintendont, no problem.
My Nintendont is built in 2018 December. Adapter and controller working as I tried on Nintendo switch.
I didn't have to enable anything afaik. It just works like a pro controller. A usb adapter, I don't know.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Nintendont is built in 2018 December. Adapter and controller working as I tried on Nintendo switch.
Then I suggest you locate CrisMod's latest version of Nintendont, it's newer and has more options.

To your other point, it doesn't matter how well the adapter works on the Switch, if it's third party, it may be more finicky and problematic on the Wii U while still working great on Switch or PC. Then again, some third party ones work as well as the official version and don't yield any issues on the Wii U. It's kinda a free for all in regards to the matter. No guarantees when it comes to the third party adapters of this particular accessory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU