GameCube controller

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sadly no, you cannot use an actual Gamecube controller with the Wii U, as it does not have the controller ports the original Wii has.
You can use an Injector to play Gamecube games with the Wii U Gamepad or if you have a classic controller for the Original Wii then you can use that for Gamecube games.
Someone has never listened about the Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U and Switch.

Reactions: gaga24

Battersea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If
My Nintendont is built in 2018 December. Adapter and controller working as I tried on Nintendo switch.
Then I suggest you locate CrisMod's latest version of Nintendont, it's newer and has more options.

To your other point, it doesn't matter how well the adapter works on the Switch, if it's third party, it may be more finicky and problematic on the Wii U while still working great on Switch or PC. Then again, some third party ones work as well as the official version and don't yield any issues on the Wii U. It's kinda a free for all in regards to the matter. No guarantees when it comes to the third party adapters of this particular accessory.

Ok because I don't have a PC plus it wasn't me who done this mode . Wouldn't be easier to buy wireless MYFLASH and connect it with Wii remote? The Wii remote works fine , or there's is a chance I will also get issues? Sorry about this silly questions but I'm new to all this and I'm doing it for my 7yo son. He is bugging me about this GameCube controller. So I have to get done.

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone has never listened about the Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U and Switch.
Gamecube adapter works only with smash bros. My recomendation is:
for Switch - GBros 8bitdo adapter + GC controller, works like charm
for wii U - GBros 8bitdo adapter + GC controller, Tiramisu and Bloopair

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok because I don't have a PC plus it wasn't me who done this mode . Wouldn't be easier to buy wireless MYFLASH and connect it with Wii remote? The Wii remote works fine , or there's is a chance I will also get issues? Sorry about this silly questions but I'm new to all this and I'm doing it for my 7yo son. He is bugging me about this GameCube controller. So I have to get done.
The USB GC adapter is as easy as it gets really, especially since it can work for up to 4 GameCube controllers out of the box, unless you have a problematic one. Mayflash controller adapter should work too, though you'll lose rumble functionality within the GameCube controller if that is the route you go. Otherwise, you could get a Wii U Pro controller, they work for GameCube games in Nintendont, with the added benefit of being wireless.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube adapter works only with smash bros.
No, the GC adapter works for all GameCube games via Nintendont on the Wii U as well. Officially only Sm4sh supports it, but the homebrew scene ensured that Nintendont works brilliantly with it, with exception for hte GBA to GC cable link, that sadly does not work. Other things work though like the bongo controllers or the DDR mat.

Reactions: E1ite007

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Gamecube adapter works only with smash bros. My recomendation is:
for Switch - GBros 8bitdo adapter + GC controller, works like charm
for wii U - GBros 8bitdo adapter + GC controller, Tiramisu and Bloopair

The USB GC adapter is as easy as it gets really, especially since it can work for up to 4 GameCube controllers out of the box, unless you have a problematic one. Mayflash controller adapter should work too, though you'll lose rumble functionality within the GameCube controller if that is the route you go. Otherwise, you could get a Wii U Pro controller, they work for GameCube games in Nintendont, with the added benefit of being wireless.

first party wii u pro controller is hard to find these days, would third party also work?

also what about gaga24 suggestion?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
first party wii u pro controller is hard to find these days, would third party also work?

also what about gaga24 suggestion?
@gaga24 suggestion is a hassle and to play Gamecube games via Nintendont, totally exagerated. The official Nintendo Gamecube Controller Adapter works with Nintendont fine, and a lot of thrid parties as well.
And it's known that most third party Pro Controllers don't work with Nintendont. You would have to experiment, since there's not a lot of info in which work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't guarantee this will work with injects (probably will), but I use an adapter that plugs into the wiimote for the wireless wavebird. that does work with normal nintendont on the wii u, just never injected a gamecube game and tested it with that, though I don't foresee any problems.

Reactions: E1ite007

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@gaga24 suggestion is a hassle and to play Gamecube games via Nintendont, totally exagerated. The official Nintendo Gamecube Controller Adapter works with Nintendont fine, and a lot of thrid parties as well.
And it's known that most third party Pro Controllers don't work with Nintendont. You would have to experiment, since there's not a lot of info in which work.
i bought this gamecube adapter
https://www.tokopedia.com/ttyana/gamecube-controller-adapter
do i plug it on front or back wii u usb port?

if i use wii u pro controller, do i need to pair it on Vwii before start nintendnt?

also which version of nintendont should i use, official or mod version (MMMod & nintendont-crismmmod) version ?

thanks for the help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for a pro controller, I don't believe so. I think the light goes off when you select nintendont, then you can resync it by pressing the A button or something. yeah, most pro controllers you find now are cheap knockoffs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: strip checkers > nude chess