Gamecube Controller on vWii Games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by pokemoner2500, Feb 25, 2017.

1. pokemoner2500
    OP

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    So I know Nintendont supports the Gamecube Adapter but that's only for GC games, I want to play a Wii game with the adapter, do any of the current loaders support that?

2. marchrius

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Sadly there's no way currently.

3. pokemoner2500
    OP

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Why does Nintendont support it but none of the others?

4. kabaneri

kabaneri Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    Brazil
    Use with adaptador for pro controller on Wii remote.

Enviado via Tapatalk

5. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Nintendont is a homebrew app with coded support for gamecube controllers.
    There's no way to inject a code in vWii for global [or shared?] controller support.

6. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    There different "drivers" per game. Different IOS and all this good garbage. TLDR- It requires seperate patches for every individual Wii game and there are multiple controller options to boot.

7. MartU

MartU Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Buy this. Connects to your Wiimote.

8. pokemoner2500
    OP

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I thought of that but it's not currently something I'd like to buy atm, I can just play with a wiimote, I had just hoped there was a way to use the GCC.

9. MartU

MartU Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Netherlands
    Well I am glad at least Nintendont use the Gamecube Controller Adapter otherwise it would just be SSMB on WiiU that I'd bought it for lmao

10. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    What you search for is a GameCube to WiiMote adapter this one lets you use your GameCube controller as Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro and even as Wii U Pro controller. Abit expensive and there're also some that get attached to the WiiMote without any further wire similar to the Wii Motion Plus Attachment, but they normaly have less features.
    Software wise there is no way atm (and most probably there will be never one).

Last edited by VitaType, Feb 25, 2017
  11. TheNerdWIzard

TheNerdWIzard GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    This is a better deal https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Gam...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=34SYYBT7TVQ9VVCBB42B It's a cheaper and a smaller version. It's a two pack.

12. krueger96

krueger96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
  13. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Is it possible to use a Wii Classic Controller Pro to play GameCube games on a Wii U/Nintendont?

14. Pokezuculento

Pokezuculento GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2016
    Nothing released yet...

15. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Well... currently the reason we don't have any true information about this is not just because we don't understand the differences fully from vwii and wii ioses. which complicates things. And to make things even more complicated. We may need to reverse engineer cafe2wii which is responsible for wiiu booting into vwii mode. If we understood all these. Then we very well could/possibly (NOT CONFIRMING) that we can get gamecube adapter to work in vwii games and possibly the wiiu gamepad. as nintendo already gave support to some vwii games with gamepad. HOWEVER don't be confused by this. The gamepad is a slighlty different story as it is emulating as a classic controller. Which clearly the gamecube controller should or needs to act as.... well a gamecube controller.

Things we need to do.
    1. reverse engineer cafe2wii. Get some sort of custom build of it so we can log or figure out what is going on vwii
    2. figure out how to get the gamepad to act as a gamecube controller. (allow me to explain. If we can get this possible then theoretically speaking all games such as mk or smash, would work properly with the adapter)
    3. figure out how to get usb controllers to work outside of homebrew.
    4. profit.

Course, what is unfourtante is most people in the homebrew scene have... SWITCHED to the other side. So most people with more than capable know how are gone. I'm currently looking into getting gamepad support with vwii. NOTE: I'M NOT EXPERIENCED. so please do not expect that this will come into fruition by me. We all know what happened to the 3ds scene when a person mentioned n64 emulation. But like I said I am looking into it.

Just don't expect to come out. and IF it does come out. we can all rejoice.

DarthDub likes this.
  16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    since like 2 years ago when bt controllers were added yes lol.

17. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    It doesn't work for the same reason it doesn't work on the original Wii - each game has its own set of drivers that talk to the hardware, which means to fool those drivers we need to modify each game individually. The absolute best we could manage is a cIOS that spoofs a Wiimote or something, though I don't know how that all works on the backend so that may not be a thing either. We can't just patch things in like you can on the Wii U, unfortunately.

monkeyman4412 likes this.
  18. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    Yes via the wii remote, Although the pro classic controller doesn't have analog triggers so games like mario sunshine are way hard to play.