Hacking GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii & Wii U

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Lets the GameCube Games comes for the vWii! Now there's no excuse!
I found this on Amazon

41D6tQno2zL._SX385_.jpg
31VWTYE5RRL.jpg

Now GC Games can be played on Wii U via vWii!

Rahzadan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm assuming this plugs into the nunchuk port on a Wii remote. The picture implies that it plugs directly into the console with USB. Anyone know which it is?

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! I've been looking for a cheap way to use a GameCube controller, and this is perfect!

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
You know this isn't going to help you play Gamecube games on the vWii... Right?
It just makes the Gamecube controller pretend it's a Classic Controller.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does say it works as a Wii U pro controller as well as a classic controller. I am assuming for this function you don't have to plug it in to a wii remote. If someone can let me know on that I will probably get this. I don't think I would like to plug in to this and a wiimote, regular classic controller seems like a better option. The lack of a ZL button map could cause some issues in some games. Gamecube Z button maps to ZR and the Gamecube start button mimics Home/+/- with tap, longpress, and double press.

This would be nice for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Wii games since so those support the classic controller you can now use your gamecube controller for these titles on Wii U with this product.

I really want something that will just make my gamecube controller wireless. Wavebirds cost too dang much and all the third party game cube controllers are trash.

As far as working with a Wavebird it definitely should. Just plug the reciever in to the port you would plug the gamecube controller in.

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it'll work with a Wavebird.

Yo dawg, I heard you liked wireless controllers, so I plugged a wireless controller into your wireless controller so you can wirelessly control while you wirelessly control... sorry, just had to.

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME I was just literally thinking they should make a GC pad that plugs into Wiimote today I love coincidental things like this ordering right now!

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only excuse I know why gc games won't come to vwii is because
A ) hardware wise it won't support it naturally unless the patch it to allow classic as gc controller in a psuedo emulator kind of way
B ) they one developer that made a usb loader made it where it requires the physical disk to play and the system doesn't support the tv gc disks (unknown whether this could be fixed in the firmware ou would have to be the physical drive itself)

Otherwise this looks as it should be in the hardware/accessories sub forum

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only excuse I know why gc games won't come to vwii is because
A ) hardware wise it won't support it naturally unless the patch it to allow classic as gc controller in a psuedo emulator kind of way
B ) they one developer that made a usb loader made it where it requires the physical disk to play and the system doesn't support the tv gc disks (unknown whether this could be fixed in the firmware ou would have to be the physical drive itself)

Otherwise this looks as it should be in the hardware/accessories sub forum
The gamecube USB loader, Devolution is reported to work on WiiU but it does not support gamecube controllers so they cant be played. The developer does want to/plans to add classic controller support (I heard a rumor it is working on some level but may be buggy) and if/when he gets that working and releases it this adapter will definitely be even more useful.

It is my understanding that DiosMios will never be able to work on WiiU because their is no Mios(gamecube compatability) to replace to allow loading.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But again devolution still had the "anti piracy" code in it where it requires the disk to be in the drive.. and unless they change their stance on that issue (or somebody finds a way to hack the software and remove the segment of code) we still won't be able to use in the Wii U

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But again devolution still had the "anti piracy" code in it where it requires the disk to be in the drive.. and unless they change their stance on that issue (or somebody finds a way to hack the software and remove the segment of code) we still won't be able to use in the Wii U
I am not sure thats a problem. I was under the impression Devolution could use the WiiU drive to read gamecube discs. The disc does not need to be in the drive but for a one time verification....

I still have my Wii hooked up though (and use Devolution)so its not a big concern for me right now though. Does Devolution tie your rips to your console? You could rip them and verify them on a Wii and plug the USB in to the WiiU possibly.

Oshtoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly suggest getting this one instead.
http://raphnet.com/products/gc_to_wiimote/index.php?category=
The only reason I suggest this is because it has multiple button mappings, which means it can be used comfortably for more games. The one in the OP can't be used for Sonic Sega All-Star Racing Transformed. It CAN be used, but the buttons don't line up correctly with the shoulder buttons, making it so you can't drift, which is an EXTREMELY important part of the game. That's just one example.
Just a suggestion, though.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure thats a problem. I was under the impression Devolution could use the WiiU drive to read gamecube discs. The disc does not need to be in the drive but for a one time verification....

I still have my Wii hooked up though (and use Devolution)so its not a big concern for me right now though. Does Devolution tie your rips to your console? You could rip them and verify them on a Wii and plug the USB in to the WiiU possibly.
No, the Wii U will not read GC disks at all, nor even inn homebrew,.same goes for the latest batch of regular Wii's.

Add for how it verifies, I am not sure how it works at this moment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?