I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright I have cIOS rev 10 installed, and a patched mios. I try and run gamecube backup launcher to run Metroid Prime 2, I pop my DVD in and it says

"Failed to read DVD 263

Error (some numbers and letters) no disk."

And I do have a disk in :\

Would it help to say I'm using DVD+R? I thought it didn't really make a difference as long as it's not DVD RW...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have DVDx installed (via the hackmii installer), and I know DVD-Rs are better but I have a huge case of DVD+Rs that will probably last me years >.>

Anyways, thanks david I'll try that. I'll look for a way to set it to dvd-rom when burning (not exactly sure how'll I'll do that in vista though :\)

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
Supposedly +Rs damage the wii laser.

It would help if you actually posted the error number.

Dammit...really? Ugh...well I can't exactly get the error number in time because before I can it resets my wii.

Can you give me a link to a topic of where someone said they hurt your wii's laser?

alfaalex101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP, many people are getting this error and there aren't any real answers on the net!

Should we:

Change DVD brands?
Make sure we installed that mIOS?
Make sure our cIOS is updated?
Burn at a lower speed (2.4x)?
Make sure we have DVD X installed?
Make sure we are using DVD- ?

WTF ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO!?

I EXPECTED MORE FROM GBATEMP.NET!!!

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar error, if it's a MultiGame ISO, then put a one game ISO in first, and then when the Backup Launcher boots up replace the CD with the MultiGame ISO.

Also, burning speed isn't such a big deal (I burn mine at 4x with no problem, but I heard 2.4x is the best).

In addition, I'm pretty sure a DVD+R that ISN'T patched with a DVD-R booktype will not work at all.

Extra's:

You NEED mIOS installed (very simple, search & download rev3).

I don't think DVDx is necessary

Use a DVD-R

cIOS rev13a is recommended.

noopy6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem with my Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2.
On my first wii, it worked perfectly but it got a low level brick with a missing IOS 60 anyways, on my new wii, when I start it up there is no color in the image on my screen and it starts to go up and down so i can't even play in black and white(its similar to run pal games on a ntsc console without forcing the video mode). my games are working its really only the backup launcher that does work. I'm using the 0.1 Xi version right now but games like Starfox adventure only work on the 0.2 version. . . can anyone help me with my problem?

atamask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is rather old. Scuese me if I seem pushy. But did you figure out a solution to your problem? Because I have the same problem myself.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes actually I did and I totally forgot about this topic xD

Anyways if you have DVD+Rs in imgburn you need to change the book type to like -R something like that. I myself didn't want to destroy my wii's laser so I got Sony DVD-R's and they're working great at first I couldn't get them working because it would freeze at a certain place in the game but I had to just burn it at 2x speed and it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh