Gamecube Adapter

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by 5DollaShawarma, Jul 21, 2017.

1. 5DollaShawarma
    OP

5DollaShawarma Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Hollywood
    So if you dont know there is an adapter for the wii and wiiu that allows you to use a gamecube controller in place of a classic controller. This adapter plugs into the wiimote. Its by mayflash. Anybody have any issues whule using it with nintendont. I want to play project m brawl and other wii games and it would be easier if i just buy one adapter. Im not worried about lag since its the same (can you confirm?). Sorry for seeming illiterate im typing fast
    [​IMG]
    Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 5DollaShawarma, Jul 22, 2017

2. Blazingflare

Blazingflare GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2013
    United States
    Nintendont works with both the official and Mayflash gamecube adapters

3. river58

river58 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    I've used it with nintendont and it had no problems that I can tell but i don't really care about lag or anything.

4. 5DollaShawarma
    OP

5DollaShawarma Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Hollywood
    Im talkimg about the one that connects to the wii mote

5. ElectroJo

ElectroJo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    United States
    According to the Nintendont sticky, this mayflash adapter works with Nintendont
    http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W007.html

And on that page it notes that the one you showed is the newer version http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiGC/W0142.html

So I would assume so, but I'm not certain

EDIT: forgot to add that this basically uses the GameCube controller as if it was a classic controller, and my classic controller doesn't lag so I would assume this wouldn't either.

Sorry for just giving guesses, figured some links showing it was probably supported would be better than nothing, in case nobody who owns one can respond

Last edited by ElectroJo, Jul 22, 2017
  6. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    The Buvvins
    I got one that i use for project m and some gamecube games and it works perfectly

5DollaShawarma and Badziew like this.
  7. Badziew

Badziew Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    Poland
    Lodz
    Aaaand I was about to ask about that one... Thanks for confirming it works ok :)

8. 5DollaShawarma
    OP

5DollaShawarma Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Hollywood
    Thank you

9. 5DollaShawarma
    OP

5DollaShawarma Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Hollywood
    Thank you anyways

10. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    I wouldn't recommend that for Nintendont for several reasons:
    • CC lacks rumble
    • CC lacks pressure-sensitive buttons
    • the ZL button is on the adapter itself, and you may need to use that to emulate the analogue L button
    • the Z button (GC) is assigned to - (CC) in Nintendont, and I'm not sure how this adapter emulates that
    Just get an official (or clone) Nintendo GameCube adapter for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if you want to use Nintendont.

If you want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl though, you WILL need that GC→CC adapter, but you can still play Melee with the SSB4 adapter.

Last edited by nastys, Jul 24, 2017
    Badziew likes this.
  11. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Also quite a bit of input delay (at least with the old model)

12. kagamutora

kagamutora Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2009
    United States
    Is there a way to use the smash adapter and a external hard drive at the same time? It seems that you can only have one or the other plugged into the back of the wii u and for obvious reasons i need the back usb ports for my external hard drive but i want to use my off brand adapter as well. I tried plugging the adapter using the front usb ports but they do not work just looking for a workaround here...

13. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    The grey USB plug is only used for rumble, and not for data, which means it doesn't matter which USB port you plug it in. Try using an extension cable or a wall adapter for that one if you want rumble.

kagamutora likes this.
  14. 5DollaShawarma
    OP

5DollaShawarma Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Hollywood
    Ehh ive already spent so much money on video games so why not? Does this adapter work well on vwii though?

15. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    The Buvvins
    Works nicely the one i have doesnt give me anymore lag than a classic controller would. for most gamecube games it works great the only issue i have is the y and b placement when it comes to snes games

16. 5DollaShawarma
    OP

5DollaShawarma Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Hollywood
    Well i use emulators for better quality instead of virtual console. So i can customize the button mappings but either way i didnt plan on using the gc cobtroller for snes so it sounds good. Guess im just gonna buy both. lol

17. kagamutora

kagamutora Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2009
    United States
    well i use a y cable for my portable hard drive that is plugged into the back usb ports so both usb ports are being used, so how do i resolve that issue?

18. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    As far as I know, the SSB4 adapter only works with Nintendont, SSB4 (obviously) and HID to VPAD. Other homebrew software (for Wii/vWii and Wii U) can make use of it only if supported by the application itself.
    Combined with a 1st party controller, it's the best GCN experience on Wii U by far.

A wall charger/adapter should do the trick, if the specs are compatible. I think you should try to plug it into one of the front USB ports using an extension cable, though.
    (either the power cable/plug for the HDD or the adapter, or both.)

Last edited by nastys, Jul 25, 2017
  19. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    +1 for GCN adapter
    If you don't want spent much money you could look for a clone, though I don't know if it has issues.

20. killmister2

killmister2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Canada
    You can use both front USB ports for your GameCube adapter with Rumble, and keep both back ports for your USB HDD Y cable.