Hacking Gamecube Adapter

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can use both front USB ports for your GameCube adapter with Rumble, and keep both back ports for your USB HDD Y cable.
He/she said it doesn't work when plugged into the front USB ports:
I tried plugging the adapter using the front usb ports but they do not work just looking for a workaround here...

It's strange, though. I use the front USB ports for my adapter and it works fine with HID to VPAD. By the way, I use the bottom USB port on the back of the console for my HDD, and the left USB port on the front for the adapter's black plug.

5DollaShawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the SSB4 adapter only works with Nintendont, SSB4 (obviously) and HID to VPAD. Other homebrew software (for Wii/vWii and Wii U) can make use of it only if supported by the application itself.
Combined with a 1st party controller, it's the best GCN experience on Wii U by far.

A wall charger/adapter should do the trick, if the specs are compatible. I think you should try to plug it into one of the front USB ports using an extension cable, though.
(either the power cable/plug for the HDD or the adapter, or both.)
I was talking about the other adapter. I could've changed my wording. Also, what's the best clone for the SSB4 Adapter. Is the official one superior in any way?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 5DollaShawarma,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was talking about the other adapter. I could've changed my wording. Also, what's the best clone for the SSB4 Adapter. Is the official one superior in any way?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
The other adapter simply emulates a Classic Controller.

I have a SSB4 clone adapter by Amir and so far it works fine. I couldn't possibly think of any downsides until I watched a video about a modded GCN controller (with a microcontroller) that supposedly required either "Native Controller" enabled in Nintendont, or a 1st part adapter if using a Wii U. It might still work anyway, though.
If you don't care about that kind of mods, just get the cheapest you can find. You may still be able to find the 1st party adapter for the same price as a 3rd party one.

kagamutora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use both front USB ports for your GameCube adapter with Rumble, and keep both back ports for your USB HDD Y cable.
well except in my case it only works for ssmbwiiu and not for nintendont which is loaded on the vWii side of the system, When i load vWii and go to nintendont in homebrew channel there is no option in the games list for HID however in videos where it works the HID option is there and i have the most up to date version of nintendont installed....so not sure what i am doing wrong here...

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well except in my case it only works for ssmbwiiu and not for nintendont which is loaded on the vWii side of the system, When i load vWii and go to nintendont in homebrew channel there is no option in the games list for HID however in videos where it works the HID option is there and i have the most up to date version of nintendont installed....so not sure what i am doing wrong here...
I don't have that option either...
I'm using Nintendont v4.435 and my adapter works fine using the front USB ports.

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't use Nintendont directly, I'm using it as a plugin from USB Loader GX. Maybe that's the difference. The adapter is working perfectly for me (I just need to remember any Skylanders/Infinity portals need to be unplugged, or Nintendont might consider them as HID devices...).

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't use Nintendont directly, I'm using it as a plugin from USB Loader GX. Maybe that's the difference. The adapter is working perfectly for me (I just need to remember any Skylanders/Infinity portals need to be unplugged, or Nintendont might consider them as HID devices...).
I doubt Nintendont would recognize the portal as a controller. Have you tried using Nintendont with it still plugged in?

P.S.: I just use HBL2HBC to launch Nintendont. This way I don't have to use my Wii Remote at all.

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt Nintendont would recognize the portal as a controller. Have you tried using Nintendont with it still plugged in?

P.S.: I just use HBL2HBC to launch Nintendont. This way I don't have to use my Wii Remote at all.
I tried, and my gamecube controllers don't work if other USB HID devices are plugged (means I can let my Wii U USB HDD plugged without problem).

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried, and my gamecube controllers don't work if other USB HID devices are plugged (means I can let my Wii U USB HDD plugged without problem).
The original Wii only had 2 ports. If you're using more than that in Wii mode, the software may only recognize the first 2 devices. Have you tried swapping them around?

If it doesn't work then it may be possible to blacklist the portal in Nintendont.

Last edited by nastys,

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vWii recognize my 4 controllers just fine, I'm using the MayFlash 4 ports USB adapter. I just need to unplug portals (which are already unplugged, since my kid doesn't play Skylanders/Infinity often).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P